News Ticker
  • Texas will face Oklahoma in the Big 12 Championship on Saturday, December 1st @ 11:00 AM in Arlington, TX. Game will be televised on ABC
  • Texas Basketball (5-1) loses to Michigan State in title game of Las Vegas Invitational 78-68
Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Interesting quote I saw today:

"

in the 247 ranking first update after decomm from Aggy Bobby Wolfe fell 124 spots after his meteoric rise, just 3 days after his Aggy decommit

Post no-showing Aggy Shepherd has fallen 192 spots in the 247, until the latest Aggy no-show Shepherd was +88. He had a previous +130 jump when he confirmed he'd be at Aggy Jr day. 

Andre White is up +389 since committing to Aggy in 247 rankings. 

Demani Richardson up 38 spots after a season ending injury (on the heels of a 120 spot climb just before that), despite very limited SR film, and no new measurables. 

Calzada is up 477 overall (which included a +977 at one point) despite being awful at the sport of football. 

Layden Robinson had a +401 place bump the day before he committed to Aggy. 

Jeffrey Carter is +320 since April"

SHA...I am very impressed.....well...maybe I am...actually, I dont have the slightest clue what you are talking about....+977...??? what does any of that mean?

1 hour ago, oldhorn2 said:

SHA...I am very impressed.....well...maybe I am...actually, I dont have the slightest clue what you are talking about....+977...??? what does any of that mean?

+977 means a recruit has had their ranking raised by 977 points since they committed to aggy.

-977 would mean a deduction in ranking of the same amount.

4 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Interesting quote I saw today:

"

in the 247 ranking first update after decomm from Aggy Bobby Wolfe fell 124 spots after his meteoric rise, just 3 days after his Aggy decommit

Post no-showing Aggy Shepherd has fallen 192 spots in the 247, until the latest Aggy no-show Shepherd was +88. He had a previous +130 jump when he confirmed he'd be at Aggy Jr day. 

Andre White is up +389 since committing to Aggy in 247 rankings. 

Demani Richardson up 38 spots after a season ending injury (on the heels of a 120 spot climb just before that), despite very limited SR film, and no new measurables. 

Calzada is up 477 overall (which included a +977 at one point) despite being awful at the sport of football. 

Layden Robinson had a +401 place bump the day before he committed to Aggy. 

Jeffrey Carter is +320 since April"

They also just added the 1988 NC to aggy retroactively.  Idiots.

I don’t care what rankings say Marcus Washington is a damn good WR, I love his film. Floyd is a perfect fit for Mac LB in our system and appears to have the mentality you want also. Jake Smith is the ideal slot WR for almost any system, perfect for ours. Roschon is what Herman looks for in a dynamic QB, yes he needs to improve his accuracy but he shouldn’t see field time until 2020/2021. Whittington is a very good athlete, are his hands and route running good enough to excel at WR? If so, Z marks the spot. Liebrock , if he can get to 250, will be a TE we haven’t seen on campus in over a decade, can do it all. Watson can be a Very good CB on X WR bc he can move well and has great length at 6-2, can’t stress that enough in our conference. Adimora, hoping he is just having fun in phx, is a straight Dog. Very versatile Safety that can come down and roam deep. Gbenda, I liked his film a lot. Isn’t suited to tackle 235# RB but moves very well and has good in the box quickness. Jacoby Jones is a great fall back to Jermaine Johnson at DE. He needs to add 15 lbs to play with his hand on the ground but he can move very well and is seasoned a bit, we need that while Myron Warren’s body develops and adds 20 lbs, love that boy ability at 270 if he keeps his quickness, Roach part 2. I am hoping Orlando occasionally plays a 4 man front bc Jones will kill it there also. Wiley, Sweat, Caldwell all has some tools that need some harnessing, there is flashes, athleticism but are far from a finished product. Mpagi has some quickness,  needs to add some strength and flexibility to run the arc at 250 B backer. Shepherd has the ability, hope he has the focus and determination bc that size and movement will take him far. Owens is pure athlete that needs to learn the position, break down and tackle the waist. Johnson is a great Tackle prospect, can he improve his footwork to be in the left is the only question. We still lack a pure X WR, RB and power RB(230#+ that runs angry), a Rover LB, OG, C,  more ready to play game 1 OT. But the class isn’t done yet 

5 hours ago, HORNfromETX said:

Noticed that JUCO OL Jay Williams has the early enrollee symbol on his 247 page. That would be nice to get him in and go through spring practice. I feel like he will be offered this weekend.

His offer probably hinges on how Texas feels with Cunningham. 

19 minutes ago, MikeV73 said:

If 6’5” 290# is undersized I’m not sure what to think!

He just doesn’t look like he possesses the prototypical size for the position to my eye. I’d be curious to see what he measures in at when he visits. 

Also, I also take self reported measurables with a grain of salt unless I’ve found a way to verify them.

Cunningham last weekend is great news, seems to be the most sought after of the 3 options. 

Warren is damn good, Hope we can do a in home as EddyO is walking out the door. IMO, Warren is a DE while Parker is a B-Backer. At least I feel warren is more ready to play with his hand on the ground. 

Bama cape to see D Glass, Katy RB, and are scheduled to be by again next week. I’m not sure what that means for Williams and Sanders with Texas but Bama doesn’t seem guaranteed to land either. 

2 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

3-Star DT Antoine Whitner out of IMG visiting this weekend. 

UT's digital folks have been lights out since Herman arrived. This, however, is not one of their best efforts. The head is smaller than it should be. 

3 hours ago, TheContractor said:

Cunningham last weekend is great news, seems to be the most sought after of the 3 options. 

Warren is damn good, Hope we can do a in home as EddyO is walking out the door. IMO, Warren is a DE while Parker is a B-Backer. At least I feel warren is more ready to play with his hand on the ground. 

Bama cape to see D Glass, Katy RB, and are scheduled to be by again next week. I’m not sure what that means for Williams and Sanders with Texas but Bama doesn’t seem guaranteed to land either. 

I do think that is indicative that Bama feels a sudden reason to shore up a back up plan. The departure of Locksley has had an impact.

While I'm loving what I've been hearing about the Sanders recruitment, he is set to visit Georgia I think this weekend.

I'd say keep recruiting Sanders hard along with Cain and the JC from Cali. I would not have a problem if we landed all three and I think we'd take all three. We need the bodies and one of the three is a two-year guy who can play immediately. That said, getting all three only happens in a fairy tale. I'm happy with one of those three.