News Ticker
  • Texas will face Oklahoma in the Big 12 Championship on Saturday, December 1st @ 11:00 AM in Arlington, TX. Game will be televised on ABC
  • Texas Basketball (5-1) loses to Michigan State in title game of Las Vegas Invitational 78-68
Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

TFB had another update on McCoy today. I'll try to summarize:

– USC's weakness (stability in the program) is our strength. Thats not lost on the McCoys.

– McCoy has two friends in the USC program that he's fairly close to. QB JTD and WR ASB. They think McCoy will gauge their feelings at season's end. They note that McCoy played second fiddle to ASB in HS. (IMO, not sure why he's be eager to do that again.)

– It is now down to USC and Texas. There are no other schools in the mix now.

– Texas has confidence in this recruitment and it grows when USC shows disarray.

– Thinks McCoys are in a wait and see mode. Thinks they are comfortable with the idea of Bru going to Texas now. They're just waiting to see what happens with Helton and other moves (or lack of moves).

– Texas is stable. USC is not, at least for now. Said this will come down to whether the McCoys can believe USC is a stable place/program.

– Has one source that says if Helton keeps his job, Bru goes to USC.

He's calling it 60-40 USC-Texas right now. Thats better than it was a week ago.

It appears they are getting their info from the USC side. IMO if Bru picks USC with the shit show they have right now he was always going there and we were never in it.

22 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

I’m going to watch his 2018 film tonight, but I’d imagine he has a chance to contribute right away with Texas set to lose several bodies on the DL after the season. 

His film looks pretty good.  He'd at worst be in the immediate rotation.  He's also a January enrollee.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/9622278/Jacoby-Jones

20 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

This is looking more like the finish to the 2019 class everyday

Bru

Cain

Jones

Warren

Johnson

Hookfin

You feel optimistic about Bru? I agree with the rest of the names you have there. I'm cautiously optimistic 

3 minutes ago, shotime73 said:

You feel optimistic about Bru? I agree with the rest of the names you have there. I'm cautiously optimistic 

With Bru it's pretty simple. With what is going on at USC and he still picks them he was never coming here to begin with. His parents and him have been very methodical in the recruiting process so they know and see exactly what is going on at USC. Matter of fact they probably know more than everyone..

6 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

With Bru it's pretty simple. With what is going on at USC and he still picks them he was never coming here to begin with. His parents and him have been very methodical in the recruiting process so they know and see exactly what is going on at USC. Matter of fact they probably know more than everyone..

Yeah I agree there