News Ticker
  • Texas vs Iowa State kickoff will take place on Saturday, November 17th @ 7:00 PM at DKR-TMS in Austin
  • Texas Football schedules Georgia for home and home series in 2028 and 2029
  • Texas Football ranked 13th in AP Poll and 14th in Coaches Poll
Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

1 minute ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I don't think so. They said it was someone we've been recruiting, but not someone we were expecting to commit right now.

Washington is now comitting on Friday, that wasn't always the case.  No?

7 hours ago, TexExSpur said:

Washington is now comitting on Friday, that wasn't always the case.  No?

Like Harrison said, thats no surprise and has been the general understanding. There has been rumor that he would not go this distance and commit before then. But that didn't happen.

So we have two "Shhhs" in play here. One is someone that we're recruiting, but not a commit we're expecting right now. The other is likely Powell, IMO.

If the first Shhh ends up being Bru McCoy, I'll buy the whole place a round.

2 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Like Harrison said, thats no surprise and has been the general understanding. There has been rumor that he would not go this distance and commit before then. But that didn't happen.

So we have two "Shhhs" in play here. One is someone that we're recruiting, but not a commit we're expecting right now. The other is likely Powell, IMO.

It appears to be Washington & Powell.  

3 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I'm there and I'll buy rounds 2, 3 and 4 if they get McCoy.

Just now, MBHORNSFAN said:

It appears to be Washington & Powell.  

If the first Shhh was Washington, then that could be right. I didn't consider that since Washington's date has been set for some time.

1 minute ago, Sirhornsalot said:

If the first Shhh was Washington, then that could be right. I didn't consider that since Washington's date has been set for some time.

His date was set but he probably did not inform the staff until last week of his decision.. Powell said last week he will decide very soon. Powell probably goes public this week as well IMO.

10 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

His date was set but he probably did not inform the staff until last week of his decision.. Powell said last week he will decide very soon. Powell probably goes public this week as well IMO.

Both will still be a good week.  Now if they can land Tuitele (pipe dream), Warren, McCoy, another OL........

20181022_202455.thumb.png.00c9dd55ef4cc2b1fd0464e9400fde4b.png

18 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Well if you gonna buy the whole place a round I'll buy one for myself lol since I'm not gonna be there for it lol

11 minutes ago, Harrison Wier said:

Cunningham has been on Texas’ radar for a while. 

Anyone seen any film on this guy? How is his footwork? Who does he remind you of?  Not familiar with him.

15 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

@Daniel Seahorn

The 2019 Texas OL class consists of Shepherd, Johnson, Cunningham and Hookfin.

Success or failure, scale of 1 to 10 (10 being best)

Hookfin isn’t a name I’m familiar with. That’s a solid class, but it’s lacking interior bodies and particularly one that can at least crosstrain at center. Shepherd’s floor also spooks me a little bit. 6.5 is my cautious answer.