News Ticker
  • Texas vs Iowa State kickoff will take place on Saturday, November 17th @ 7:00 PM at DKR-TMS in Austin
  • Texas Football schedules Georgia for home and home series in 2028 and 2029
  • Texas Football ranked 13th in AP Poll and 14th in Coaches Poll
Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

5 hours ago, shotime73 said:

It's gonna be very interesting with Cain visiting how much of this recruitment will. Texas go all in or will have to see what happens from here on out. Stranger things have happened

If LSU flips Emery it opens the door for UGA go get back in on Cain. Feel like Texas is running behind both of them.

11 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

If LSU flips Emery it opens the door for UGA go get back in on Cain. Feel like Texas is running behind both of them.

Yep. Georgia is a bug threat for his services. You wreckon they may just stick with having one RB in this class or in this a contingency plan in probably speaking with Mr. Glass again?

2 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

The one i always remember is Trent Williams.

Longview had a corner / DB that went to  Notre Dame / Philadelphia Eagles for years.  Seems like he was a top national recruit.  If I prove to be wrong, this post will be edited.  

2 minutes ago, 83Dee said:

Bobby Taylor.... 1990s.... I’m revealing my age.  

That's who I was thinking as well. But there's another one that I'm thinking of in fact three I'm thinking. Chris Ivory, Shawn Birdsong, Josh Scobee. Malcolm Kelly. Lol Even though I'm from Gilmer but I do keep up with other East Texas guys

4 hours ago, shotime73 said:

Yep. Georgia is a bug threat for his services. You wreckon they may just stick with having one RB in this class or in this a contingency plan in probably speaking with Mr. Glass again?

They may not be able to stick with one due to potential attrition. Glass is one they’ve been keeping warm. 

5 hours ago, Slimer said:

TFB is saying Bru McCoy has moved up his commitment date to right after his OU trip for the Bedlam game (don't think OU is a factor).  Let's see what happens.

IMO, that says his mind is made up.

3 hours ago, 83Dee said:

Bobby Taylor.... 1990s.... I’m revealing my age.  

Ha, I knew who you were talking about. Here's another . . . Hosea Taylor. Never seen a more dominant DL at the HS level. And I threw discus against him at several meets. I was worried about 165 feet. He was pinging 195. lol

2 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Heckuva HS middle linebacker for Longview. Was going to come here then suddenly backed out and went to Miss State. Never heard from him again.

Speaking of never heard of I was told that there were and are little rumblings that have surfaced again that is somewhat talking to the staff

6 minutes ago, texbound said:

I agree with Bear...what?

I was talking to my buddy that I stay in contact with and I told him I'll see it when I believe it. Marcel Brooks was the name he was telling me about. And to be honest with you and I do mean dead honest. I didn't have good feelings about that guy anyways

2 minutes ago, shotime73 said:

I was talking to my buddy that I stay in contact with and I told him I'll see it when I believe it. Marcel Brooks was the name he was telling me about. And to be honest with you and I do mean dead honest. I didn't have good feelings about that guy anyways

That’s not happening. 

6 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

That’s not happening. 

Daniel, since you're on here....Are there any OL names you're hearing about that UT is looking at and could help fill out the OL class?  Johnson and Shepherd (if he stays with UT) are two good bookends, but I feel they need at least 1 interior guy (preferably 2) in this class.  Maybe a couple late bloomers.  

3 minutes ago, texbound said:

Daniel, since you're on here....Are there any OL names you're hearing about that UT is looking at and could help fill out the OL class?  Johnson and Shepherd (if he stays with UT) are two good bookends, but I feel they need at least 1 interior guy (preferably 2) in this class.  Maybe a couple late bloomers.  

No new names just yet. Staff appears to be mining the JUCO ranks though so we could see some new ones soon. 

14 minutes ago, shotime73 said:

I would be very surprised if Brooks even makes it to LSU. He plays in my town and there's a rep there that I won't go into here, but it tends to remove your confidence in anything really happening for him, unless its the JUCO ranks.

18 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I would be very surprised if Brooks even makes it to LSU. He plays in my town and there's a rep there that I won't go into here, but it tends to remove your confidence in anything really happening for him, unless its the JUCO ranks.

True dat

9 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Heckuva HS middle linebacker for Longview. Was going to come here then suddenly backed out and went to Miss State. Never heard from him again.

That’s kinda what I meant about the Longview guys of the most recent years, like the last 15 or so.  Vondrell McGee comes to mind.  He was a good back in their program but couldn’t seem to miss the backside of an engaged OL’s back, like he had to run into them or something.