News Ticker
  • Texas vs Iowa State kickoff will take place on Saturday, November 17th @ 7:00 PM at DKR-TMS in Austin
  • Texas Football schedules Georgia for home and home series in 2028 and 2029
  • Texas Football ranked 13th in AP Poll and 14th in Coaches Poll
Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

7 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Well, I'd say they are both more potential than shovel-ready at this point. If you'll remember, the hype on Higgins was potential pretty much. Tall guys with speed. 

With Lewis, Patterson wanted him. And they do pretty well with evals.

TCU mods are saying that Lewis was pretty much told to look around and that Patterson was good with him looking around. 

12 hours ago, Harrison Wier said:

This is a pretty accurate statement. 

Most of you youngsters are not familiar with what Texas can do from a recruiting standpoint when Texas is winning and good.  If Herman really gets this thing going getting national 5 stars will become the norm. Mack Brown did it in the early 2000's. Like I said many of you have only been around the last decade which has been a shit show so I understand not having much optimism on landing these elite recruits. 

30 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Most of you youngsters are not familiar with what Texas can do from a recruiting standpoint when Texas is winning and good.  If Herman really gets this thing going getting national 5 stars will become the norm. Mack Brown did it in the early 2000's. Like I said many of you have only been around the last decade which has been a shit show so I understand not having much optimism on landing these elite recruits. 

This is true, when Texas won consistently. That hasn’t happened yet. This is one season and Texas still has to finish. Big-time recruits like McCoy and Sanders are still going to be tough to pry away. It’s possible, but it’s not set in stone by any means. 

37 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Not necessary. They are pretty high on Lewis and the two are probably not connected.  WR attrition/NFL etc is going to be high.. 

From what we’ve been told the Texas staff is fairly divided on Lewis. Some like him, others don’t. 

1 hour ago, Harrison Wier said:

This is true, when Texas won consistently. That hasn’t happened yet. This is one season and Texas still has to finish. Big-time recruits like McCoy and Sanders are still going to be tough to pry away. It’s possible, but it’s not set in stone by any means. 

Agreed. It will probably take multiple good seasons to reverse the recent trends. 

1 hour ago, Harrison Wier said:

From what we’ve been told the Texas staff is fairly divided on Lewis. Some like him, others don’t. 

Not questioning you or your sources but I find it curious that this would be made known. 

If I was a head coach, once a decision is made to offer a kid, it damn sure better not ever leave the room that we weren't in full agreement. That would be a major problem with me. 

44 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Not questioning you or your sources but I find it curious that this would be made known. 

If I was a head coach, once a decision is made to offer a kid, it damn sure better not ever leave the room that we weren't in full agreement. That would be a major problem with me. 

I don't disagree. However, we won't report something we know about until it becomes public. Other outlets have made the information public. 

52 minutes ago, Harrison Wier said:

I don't disagree. However, we won't report something we know about until it becomes public. Other outlets have made the information public. 

I think what they have made public is basically coming from the TCU side. I’m not convinced of it. Could be wrong.

20 minutes ago, Bear19 said:

I think what they have made public is basically coming from the TCU side. I’m not convinced of it. Could be wrong.

If you’re referring to TCU telling Lewis to look around, then yes. In regards to the staff’s evaluations of Lewis, that’s Texas outlets. Sometimes things leak but all-in-all Lewis is a decent prospect. 

21 minutes ago, Harrison Wier said:

If you’re referring to TCU telling Lewis to look around, then yes. In regards to the staff’s evaluations of Lewis, that’s Texas outlets. Sometimes things leak but all-in-all Lewis is a decent prospect. 

Please tell me that by "Texas outlet" you don't mean someone within the program. If it is, then they should be looking for a job. If it's a source outside the program, then I have to question their motives for putting that out there. 

5 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

TCU mods are saying that Lewis was pretty much told to look around and that Patterson was good with him looking around. 

But TCU mods are cheerleaders, especially Jeremy. In other words, he was trying to save face.

I know Patterson is a bit of a jerk, but to extend a scholarship offer, let it ride for time, then rescind it using buyer's remorse would ordinarily blow up in the coaches' face. And if it were true, would make a TCU offer about as reliable as a Bama offer.

Lewis resides in the cover area of the DMN while TCU is in FW Startlegram turf. Its not like he would get away with that here.

Plus, there was no buzz about Lewis being asked to look around UNTIL Texas started knocking on the door. "Oh yeah, your talent is being confirmed by the team that just waxed me on national tv, so now I guess you're just not Toad Good."

lol

10 hours ago, texbound said:

That's not at all what I was saying and I totally agree. I was saying I hope it isnt McCoy because they're (McCoys side)   losing interest in Texas or are gaining interest in someone else. I feel I just got chastised by Daniel for something I didnt say.

I wasn’t chastising you. I was just reiterating a previous point since it’s been asked before in regards to numbers and guys Texas was/is after. Bru likes Texas a lot and interest hasn’t faded. 

16 hours ago, TB14 said:

Yeah cant wait to see the game

40 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

The stuff in regards to Lewis and how the Texas staff feels individually was never supposed to be made public. I can say that for sure. 

I personally would not believe any of it unless I heard the staff say it.