News Ticker
  • Texas vs Iowa State kickoff will take place on Saturday, November 17th @ 7:00 PM at DKR-TMS in Austin
  • Texas Football schedules Georgia for home and home series in 2028 and 2029
  • Texas Football ranked 13th in AP Poll and 14th in Coaches Poll
Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

14 minutes ago, drgilbert said:

What’s up with this?

Eh I don't think it's anything.  Went with some Grayson buddies a couple weeks ago to Tennessee game.  Saw them get beat down by Florida and a Vols playet quit at halftime.  I'm sure he was impressed.

7 hours ago, MikeV73 said:

RB?  WR?

Mostly WR but gave him a toss sweep out of the backfield last night to win the game with 11 seconds left.  Carthage best Pleasant Grove 28-21.  Good game

carthage has another receiver that has good hands too.  

I’m not trying to overextend myself here. But Texas just went 4-0 over their toughest stretch of schedule and is looking like they will contend for the Big 12. 10 wins are legit in play. Texas is right where it wants to be on the field and in recruiting. If this keeps up Texas will make a splash somewhere on the trail. 

Bragg's mom will need to get off her Stanford crush for us to have a shot with Branson.  I really hope Herman puts an end to this Stanford crap.  Cardinal OL hasn't looked as good with the loss of that long time OL coach that went to Rice.

15 minutes ago, Slimer said:

Bragg's mom will need to get off her Stanford crush for us to have a shot with Branson.  I really hope Herman puts an end to this Stanford crap.  Cardinal OL hasn't looked as good with the loss of that long time OL coach that went to Rice.

If Bragg grew up a horn fan and we keep winning it will be tough to not get on this train. Personally turned down some Ivy love to live the dream in Austin, knowing I'd regret that less, and I was right. Of course I had a signed copy of the D Royal story on my nightstand and a copper Eyes of Texas (working on the rail road) pull chain music box on my wall since I was 3.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Franchise Quest

• Latest Posts

• Hello atexfamilyfunc, Welcome to the HornSports forums!  Thank you for joining our online community to discuss Texas Longhorns Athletics - please feel free to browse around and get to know the board and other posters. If you have any questions or suggestions on how we can improve the community, please don't hesitate let us know! --HornSports Staff
    • SHANE  by Jack Schaefer He rode into our valley in the summer of '89. I was a kid then, barely topping the backboard of father's old chuck-wagon. I was on the upper rail of our small corral soaking in the late afternoon sun, when I saw him far down the road where it swung into the valley from the open plain beyond. ... (how it began)
      He was the man who rode into our little valley out of the heart of the great glowing West and when his work was done rode back whence he had come and he was Shane.   - The End - Back in late '80s, training one weekend on location--a month in advance--for a triathlon at Bass Lake near Yosemite, at the time living in the Bay Area, I visited a local bookstore in nearby Oakhurst, the shop owned by a lady, who, as I was browsing, up and asked me my favorite books, and I said Education of Little Tree and SHANE. Turns out the lady was the daughter of... Jack Schaefer, who, at the time was living in Santa Fe, NM.  He passed away a few years later, in 1991. As a writer of the west he had never been farther west than Ohio at the time he wrote the novel. He was a newspaper man, staying up late at night writing essays on his own time, then wrote SHANE. I first saw the movie in Silsbee, year it was released. My grandparents lived nearby in Kountze. Years later came to appreciate the book as much as the film, if not more so. Recommend U. of Nebraska Critical Edition (1984). Essays, analysis, background.
    • Hello CenTexNative, Welcome to the HornSports forums!  Thank you for joining our online community to discuss Texas Longhorns Athletics - please feel free to browse around and get to know the board and other posters. If you have any questions or suggestions on how we can improve the community, please don't hesitate let us know! --HornSports Staff
    • Les Miles and Kansas Is a Perfectly Flawed College Football Union   https://www.theringer.com/2018/11/19/18099420/les-miles-kansas-jayhawks-college-football-perfect-union