News Ticker
  • Texas vs Iowa State kickoff will take place on Saturday, November 17th @ 7:00 PM at DKR-TMS in Austin
  • Texas Football schedules Georgia for home and home series in 2028 and 2029
  • Texas Football ranked 13th in AP Poll and 14th in Coaches Poll
Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

I know 1 game doesn't make or a coaches legacy, but this game is sure shaping up to be THE GAME for Herman and his staff.  The Kansas game two years ago was the nail in the coffin for Strong, could this one be the rocket launcher for Herman? We will find out in 33 hours.

Footwork King is now bringing Shepherd (possibly others).

Bru McCoy is already in Austin.

If Herman ever wanted to have a repeat of the UH/Louisville game in Houston a few years ago, now's the time.  

Weather looks like it may be crappy.

On 9/12/2018 at 3:11 PM, Daniel Seahorn said:

Olaseni (recent JUCO offer) tells me he had only played one year of football before coming over to the states. Played rugby, soccer, and did track and field prior to football. Says he is currently 6’8, 335. 

I’m a fan. 

Any mention of a visit yet.

I feel like we may need to take 3-4 JUCO's

1 OL, 1 (maybe 2) LB's, 1-2 DL.

3 hours ago, Roschonsbigbro said:

So any 2019 recruiting updates?

The buzz behind the scenes is very favorable, but with a lot of kids still on campus there won’t be a ton to provide just yet. 

One thing we can say for sure is guys like Javonne Shepherd and Demond Demas really seemed to enjoy the game and atmosphere and were in the middle of the celebration in the locker room.

1 minute ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Lets see what happens as visits conclude today. Texas certainly didn’t hurt themselves this weekend. 

Can you imagine 103,000 people at DKR against TCU and just what a W would do with momentum. Texas offense had life, with Ingram it’s even better. Defense was on point. This may be the win the team needed to learn how to finish. My money is on Texas at DKR against a banged up TCU team after tOSU. Recruiting momentum will be right back in Texas favor. 

48 minutes ago, okiehorn said:

Can you imagine 103,000 people at DKR against TCU and just what a W would do with momentum. Texas offense had life, with Ingram it’s even better. Defense was on point. This may be the win the team needed to learn how to finish. My money is on Texas at DKR against a banged up TCU team after tOSU. Recruiting momentum will be right back in Texas favor. 

Love the excitement but let’s just pump the brakes a little bit. I think our team can match up with tcu but only if our DL shows out and Ingram plays meaningful snaps. This is going to be one of our best test this year. Even more than OU. I bet we beat OU but a lot of it will have to do with them taking us lightly.

If we beat TCU, OU will not take us lightly.

IMO, of the two games, TCU will be the more difficult one. Banged up or not, Fatterson will have his players ultra charged for this game. He's had our number. Its time to take it back.

It will be a low scoring game, something like 21-17 or some such. TCU is a fast team, so we'll have to play lights out.