Join Our Community

Do you bleed Burnt Orange? Come talk about the Longhorns! Registration is FREE and EASY!
Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

7 hours ago, java said:

Ahem, regarding the too big to fail comment, are you all too young to recall an entity by the name of Enron?

Please, carry on. 

Absolutely right, Java, but there was more accountability then than there seems to be now....just look at the journalism (with the exception of the Hornsports staff).

Look at the damage they can do with an unsubstantiated report, and what does it really cost them?  Loss of credibility by some, while others accept what they say without question because they want to believe it's true.

5 minutes ago, 605Longhorn said:

I was thinking Brown may be one, but i do not have the connections that you do.

Your thinking is correct, next few should be Owens, Gbenda, and D.Brown. I have no inside sources but follow another board with some folks plug into the program. And this is what they are saying.

23 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Texas made Taurean Carter’s Top 4. Arkansas is the smart pick with Texas not pushing currently.

I'm not sure Texas is even recruiting him that hard. Also it appears TCU has quit as well. 

29 minutes ago, drgilbert said:

I love it.  Love seeing kids excited to be a part of something.  Even if it isn't UT, but I'm glad this one is. They just play with more passion and pride.  Looking forward to seeing this kid in burnt orange next year.

3 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

I'm not sure Texas is even recruiting him that hard. Also it appears TCU has quit as well. 

Think the staff may have liked the Wisconsin kid over Carter.

34 minutes ago, Slimer said:

Think the staff may have liked the Wisconsin kid over Carter.

Thats what I've heard. 

If you believe the staff has a standard (which is why they've gone out of state so much this season), then Carter isn't a serious consideration. A friend explained to me, why settle at DL? You're not settling anywhere else.

Best wishes to him at Arkansas.

4 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Thats what I've heard. 

If you believe the staff has a standard (which is why they've gone out of state so much this season), then Carter isn't a serious consideration. A friend explained to me, why settle at DL? You're not settling anywhere else.

Best wishes to him at Arkansas.

If Leal doesn't visit for the USC then we might as well forget him.

Not sure what the deal is with Stripling.  You'd think he may have some interest with aggy already having 5-6 DL commits.  We still need a JUCO at DL and LB.

22 minutes ago, Slimer said:

If Leal doesn't visit for the USC then we might as well forget him.

Not sure what the deal is with Stripling.  You'd think he may have some interest with aggy already having 5-6 DL commits.  We still need a JUCO at DL and LB.

We've not made progress with Leal. My friend is not optimistic although there's still the horror of the aggy season still ahead.

9 hours ago, drgilbert said:

I also thought there were 2 shhhhhh. My guess would be the RB Brown and Gbenda. 

Could he have been re-shooshing the first shoosh? We need to know the policy here. 

5 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Could he have been re-shooshing the first shoosh? We need to know the policy here. 

I agree. We need a clear and concise interpretation of the shhhhh policy.  Somebody drop him a line and ask him to explain 

Just now, drgilbert said:

I agree. We need a clear and concise interpretation of the shhhhh policy.  Somebody drop him a line and ask him to explain 

Agreed, Because if the First shhh is referring to the second shhh, we might have a third shhh.  What would happen if we had a shhh shhhh.  Mind mind would be blown.  Could he just do something like this Shhh- McCoy or Shhh - Brown

25 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

3 minutes ago, drgilbert said:

Do you get chills and fever and hallucinations of 300# D linemen crashing in on you with this preseasonitus?  Maybe you should see doclonghorn.