Join Our Community

Do you bleed Burnt Orange? Come talk about the Longhorns! Registration is FREE and EASY!
Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I've heard Georgia won't take Cine's commitment. 

Staff backed off T Carter recently.

Have no idea who Suchomel could be talking about.

Only thing I worry about with Carter potentially going to Arkansas is them building a case to land Jalen Catalon.

2 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Only thing I worry about with Carter potentially going to Arkansas is them building a case to land Jalen Catalon.

Thats two of Catalon's team mates they've got so far.

Honestly though, I don't see Catalon as one who places a priority on extending high school relationships. And I'm really hoping I'm right on that. lol

36 minutes ago, texasdalton said:

I look forward to the day when a commitment to us isn’t contingent on whether they are a Bama or Georgia take..

We're not who we thank are right now.  We're are 2nd tier  until we prove different.

23 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

We're not who we thank are right now.  We're are 2nd tier  until we prove different.

I don't know about all that. We finished #3 or 2 last year and despite having far fewer recruits than most, we're in the top 10 before end of summer.

Maybe we were the ones being a little ridiculous thinking the kid from Hawaii was not going to USC with his girl an hour down the highway at Cal Lutheran?

Everybody is performing like they normally do save Georgia. What they're doing should be bottled and sold, unless of course they're paying top dollar or something like that.

2 minutes ago, HORNfromETX said:

Dylan Wright just committed to aggy... 

Lot of shady commitments for them this cycle.  Oh well, the new car smell is about to become a stinky soon.

2 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Texas needs to win this season or recruiting will go to shit.... Texas recruits no longer want to hear about Texas. hell most were toddlers last time we were good...

Well, to be fair, most of these kids grandparents were toddlers last time aggy did anything of significance.

Just now, Slimer said:

Well, to be fair, most of these kids grandparents were toddlers last time aggy did anything of significance.

New coach selling new hope... Plus their staff has better recruiters than ours right now.. Herman has some tough decisions to make after the season... 

We have to win this year for Herman to keep his (mensa) mojo, absolutely agree. And I think we will. But only time will tell and that's what makes it interesting. The only thing I know for sure is that aggy will always be aggy and these young men who commit to them will all one day regret it unless they develop a wonderful sense of humor.

I don’t think we’ll be able to flip any commits that A&M has. I believe these kids are attracted to the challenge of playing in the SEC with a national title winning coach. Now if Herman and co wins this year he can set the tone for the 2020 recruiting cycle. 

6 minutes ago, Hookemfan91 said:

I don’t think we’ll be able to flip any commits that A&M has. I believe these kids are attracted to the challenge of playing in the SEC with a national title winning coach. Now if Herman and co wins this year he can set the tone for the 2020 recruiting cycle. 

Agreed. Then again he is slow playing few of those guys at the moment also. A&M is just the new thing in town, exactly like Herman and company last year. Don’t believe it has anything to do with SEC. if he bombs then they’ll be in same boat as UT this year. 

24 minutes ago, Hookemfan91 said:

I think the only one we're still seriously recruiting is Leal.

I think, once the season starts, he'll see how little value there is in getting your tail beat every weekend in the SEC. 

IMO, Jumbo is a formidable recruiter, but not the coach he once was. At FSU, talent basically flocked to him every single year because, well, it was FSU. Next year, the first-year honeymoon will be over and he'll have to recruit based off what could be some pretty dismal results in 2018.

He's got some star power in his class so far, but a lot of those are also head cases so no telling whether they have an impact on the program or not.