Join Our Community

Do you bleed Burnt Orange? Come talk about the Longhorns! Registration is FREE and EASY!
Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

37 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

The scuttle on Tufono is that both USC and Texas feel confident going into the decision. Going to be interesting. 

Exactly what I been reading all day. 2 more USC picks today. 43% and 43%  for both teams now. Would be nice to land him after missing on Davis and tongue for sure 

5 hours ago, Texas2725 said:

Apparently Fong may have happened on some newer info.  One of the current SC ILB commits is going to take his LDS Mission trip which may have opened a spot for Tufono.  Basically what SHA's source heard as of yesterday was prolly right, but this update with the SC kid may have changed things as well.

Uh, no.

And not because I need to defend my info or source or anything else. Its because it makes no sense.

This is a big decision. His offer to USC was never dependent on someone else's LSD trip or LDS trip. What was USC going to do? Say no?

Secondly, if you're about to announce your decision and that is being set up – that means you're not running to and fro about this, hoping for open spots and whatnot.

If you're still see-sawing back and forth, you have no business thinking you need to announce anything.

1 hour ago, okiehorn said:

Exactly what I been reading all day. 2 more USC picks today. 43% and 43%  for both teams now. Would be nice to land him after missing on Davis and tongue for sure 

Well crap.  Why must it be difficult.

36 minutes ago, Slimer said:

So I go to bed last night and things look good with Tufono and now he's USC bound??  Ugh <_<

If Daniel changes his pick I will start to worry.

Edit- now TFB says he is trending to USC... hopefully we kick their @$$ this year.

Edited by HORNfromETX

TFB normally in the know I’m things. This regarding G Wilson which is a hot topic right now. 

***I’ve reached out to Garrett Wilson, his father and someone in his camp. They aren’t saying much and obviously, we are trying to be respectful as I’m sure this revelation isn’t an easy one to deal with.

You will note that, unlike when the wide receiver coach was dismissed, Wilson has to come up with a statement regarding his commitment.

I can’t say right now how much an effect this dismissal will have but based on what I’m told and on the family staying quiet, it’s going to have an effect. At the very least, I believe it opens the door up for Wilson to take some visits and in particular, a return visit to Texas.

When I spoke to him after the dismissal of the wide receiver coach, he said he only planned on taking two visits and both were to watch the Buckeyes play.

Wilson grew up a fan of the Buckeyes but he was very clearly torn when he made his decision between Texas and Ohio State. So for those reasons, I’m going to delicately say this one is Trending Texas ever so slightly.

Again, at the very least, I believe this opens the door for Texas to get Wilson back on campus.

13 hours ago, Slimer said:

So I go to bed last night and things look good with Tufono and now he's USC bound??  Ugh <_<

So, what I dont understand is how do go from "it's time to make my decision" a week ago (which everyone believed was UT) to now looking like he'll pick a school no one believed to be in his final 2 and keeping the commitment date? Why not delay your announcement to make sure.  I would tell my kids to hold off if something has changed.  Recruiting is maddening.

20 minutes ago, okiehorn said:

TFB normally in the know I’m things. This regarding G Wilson which is a hot topic right now. 

***I’ve reached out to Garrett Wilson, his father and someone in his camp. They aren’t saying much and obviously, we are trying to be respectful as I’m sure this revelation isn’t an easy one to deal with.

You will note that, unlike when the wide receiver coach was dismissed, Wilson has to come up with a statement regarding his commitment.

I can’t say right now how much an effect this dismissal will have but based on what I’m told and on the family staying quiet, it’s going to have an effect. At the very least, I believe it opens the door up for Wilson to take some visits and in particular, a return visit to Texas.

When I spoke to him after the dismissal of the wide receiver coach, he said he only planned on taking two visits and both were to watch the Buckeyes play.

Wilson grew up a fan of the Buckeyes but he was very clearly torn when he made his decision between Texas and Ohio State. So for those reasons, I’m going to delicately say this one is Trending Texas ever so slightly.

Again, at the very least, I believe this opens the door for Texas to get Wilson back on campus.

HE didn't have kind things to say about the staff, I don't see him ending up at Texas.

11 minutes ago, TexExSpur said:

HE didn't have kind things to say about the staff, I don't see him ending up at Texas.

Correct, but i trust in TFB when they say the door may be cracked. To a parent this tOSU stuff is probably a BIG deal. And parents opinion carry a lot of weight. But we missin on few big targets so i'm not holding my breath. Dont hate reading it though.

I just don't see it with him and he is in the backyard.  When Elliot pulled his twitter feud stunt, the kid tweeted...and that's why I chose tOSU.  

Cool if they can sway him into a NLI, I just don't see it.

26 minutes ago, prosfromdover said:

I can see why we like Derrian Brown. Kid plays quick, fast and strong, much stronger than 185 pounds. His film looks way better than his rank IMO.

i will probably gets slapped for this or accused of saying is only because we losing ground on cain BUT i actually like his film BETTER than Noah cains. i came away impressed. this wouldnt be "settling" for someone in my opinion 

25 minutes ago, okiehorn said:

i will probably gets slapped for this or accused of saying is only because we losing ground on cain BUT i actually like his film BETTER than Noah cains. i came away impressed. this wouldnt be "settling" for someone in my opinion 

You're not alone. I've never thought Cain played up to the hype. 

I’m not really going to get into the Garrett Wilson stuff too much. I don’t like the idea of bothering the kid and family considering the circumstances and I also think it’s going to be tough even if he decided to look around because of some factors that played into him choosing OSU the first time around.