Join Our Community

Do you bleed Burnt Orange? Come talk about the Longhorns! Registration is FREE and EASY!
Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

52 minutes ago, texasdalton said:

I’m having a hard time with everyone here not making shepherds “recruitment wide open” tweet a a Big deal..

Seems nobody knows what to think of it except that's it's not serious, just a young kid goofing around and/or wanting to make sure the attention doesn't go away. Certainly doesn't bode well for the mental make up either way. 

57 minutes ago, texasdalton said:

I’m having a hard time with everyone here not making shepherds “recruitment wide open” tweet a a Big deal..

He was already a guy who has had a screwy recruitment as we’ve said previously. This just confirmed what we already knew. Recruit him until he signs. 

18 minutes ago, Slimer said:

Well EJ and Roach just recently put in picks to Texas.  Let's see what happens.  @Sirhornsalot what are you hearing?  @MBHORNSFAN ?

There’s some good vibes with this one. Texas is planting a flag in a major way out West this cycle and this could be the next step in doing just that.

5 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

He was already a guy who has had a screwy recruitment as we’ve said previously. This just confirmed what we already knew. Recruit him until he signs. 

It’s not on his Twitter, did he delete the tweet?

There may be a few hiccups going forward in the Shepherd recruitment but I think he sticks.  He isn't going OOS and there have been numerous situations with the aggy staff already from lack of communication (mentioned several times) to them saying he's not allowed to visit. 

We've gotten the 2 best Left Tackles in-state the last 2 years now with Moore and now Shepherd IMO.

And damn you Stanford.  This would have been an elite OL haul with Bragg.

46 minutes ago, texbound said:

Please let this happen for the Horns.  That would be an excellent Bday surprise for me.

Happy Birthday, texbound, regardless!  One of these days they'll be goals, not milestones.  Lol 

4 minutes ago, UTfish said:

Happy Birthday, texbound, regardless!  One of these days they'll be goals, not milestones.  Lol 

Thanks UTfish.  August 6 could be a nice beat for me with Tuofono.

4 hours ago, Slimer said:

Well EJ and Roach just recently put in picks to Texas.  Let's see what happens.  @Sirhornsalot what are you hearing?  @MBHORNSFAN ?

Much respect for any pick Roach makes so I'm inclined to believe the hype. Eminent? I'm not sure.

I'll make some calls tomorrow.

I texted, because its late. lol

Me: Whats the latest? Anything I need to be smiling about?

Him: Just having a late night Tufuno cocktail. You can smile about that.

Me: Is it eminent?

Him: He's pretty fired up about Texas. It could happen at any time.

Me: Is this due to Langi's "strong Polynesian ties?" And why do I never see Langi in a tie, much less a Polynesian tie?

Him: Go to bed.

giphy.gif