Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

23 minutes ago, rddonato said:

HS Staff, why are we going after so many out of state guys?

staff has gone OOS for DBs this cycle because of several reasons. 1) a couple of the main top ranked in-state guys were just not going to get recruited here for reasons I won't go into, 2) others shied away because of the loaded 2018 DB class.

Caldwell is an exception where Texas located someone in-state flying low and went after him.

There's not a lot to choose from in state on the RB front. Hence our interest in Cain, Sanders, others. 

LB is thin this year with Gbenda being the one who was seemingly the exception. So we went out of state to get Gabriel.

OL was loaded with prospects this cycle and we've been able to nab a 5-star in-state guy at a need position. Shepard shouldn't be far behind him. I still hold hope for Bragg, call me crazy. 

DL had Leal and then everyone else as far as in-state goes. Leal surprised many when he chose aggy. The battle continues and you don't stop until the whistle blows on this one. We've developed some other options on the DL that are promising.

Doesn't this hurt Herman and his relationship with Texas HS coaches – going OOS so much? I don't think so. Herman targeted the best the state had to offer and when that doesn't work out it doesn't mean Texas has to "settle" for a lesser in-state guy. At that point Herman has the right to go after the best player he can get, wherever that might be.

We're sitting at only 11 commits so it will be interesting to see how the rest of the class pans out.

What's the story with Gbenda?  247 reporting that Aggies have backed off of him, seems like his recruitment has been complicated.  Is he still a priority for us?

57 minutes ago, bevotee said:

What's the story with Gbenda?  247 reporting that Aggies have backed off of him, seems like his recruitment has been complicated.  Is he still a priority for us?

Schools seemed to have cooled on him since the evaluation period. Texas is still recruiting him, but isn’t pressing.

1 hour ago, primal defense said:

A 5-star Oklahoma commit says the Sooners will ‘bury’ Texas, and he might be right

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2018/7/3/17529396/oklahoma-commits-class-2018

Is Theo Wease related to O’neil? Sound like it...The Sooners at there best last your barely scraped by a few games in the Big 12. Texas at there worst had em beat. If Texas offense is halfway coherent this year the RRR could b ugly. Watch and see. 

Everyone in the Big12 is replacing their QB except us. I really like our chances this year if we can get some consistency at OLine and RB. Rest will take care of itself. That and don't make stupid mistakes in over time. 

12 minutes ago, wadster said:

Everyone in the Big12 is replacing their QB except us. I really like our chances this year if we can get some consistency at OLine and RB. Rest will take care of itself. That and don't make stupid mistakes in over time. 

To be honest I was not too impressed with our QB play last year and even during the spring game. Until I see the QBs perform at a high level, my skepticism won’t change.

9 hours ago, primal defense said:

A 5-star Oklahoma commit says the Sooners will ‘bury’ Texas, and he might be right

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2018/7/3/17529396/oklahoma-commits-class-2018

until we start beating them and getting into the playoffs consistently, you can't really argue against this.  it hurts to read this but facts are facts.

Bama' just landed its 6th DL commit.  Doubt they pursue Leal much more and may not take Tuitele seeing as they are going hard after Ishmael Sopsher.

8 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

No shocker here even after his trolling yesterday with his Top 3.

So he trolled 3 programs that have recently won championships and play in NY6 bowls to go to a program that routinely finishes middle-of-the-pack?  Did Leon O'Neil hack his twitter?  Lots of head cases in this years class.  Was it the 2013 that was like this that Rumlin loaded up on and a lot of them become busts/transferred/ect.?