Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

58 minutes ago, drgilbert said:

Just saw EJs periscope. His final words were, I’m about to get some coffee cause it could be a very, very, very interesting week. Are we getting a commitment 

My guess is it is just click bait.

1 hour ago, drgilbert said:

Just saw EJs periscope. His final words were, I’m about to get some coffee cause it could be a very, very, very interesting week. Are we getting a commitment 

Caldwell? Usually EJ saying that does mean a commitment...

3 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Caldwell or Shepard, but most likely Caldwell

Looks like Shepherd is going to wait a while.  Would have loved to wrapped this one up but I still think the bat signal will be lit up for him at some point.

40 minutes ago, Slimer said:

Looks like Shepherd is going to wait a while.  Would have loved to wrapped this one up but I still think the bat signal will be lit up for him at some point.

I don't think so as far as him waiting. It might be a while, but it might be tomorrow. It could go down at any time.

I think some of us got hyped up about him doing it on his birthday because he had commented at one time about possibly doing that.

51 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

It’s not. The smart money for the next commit has been on Caldwell and those odds went up with him making it to campus.

Caldwell must have been one of those who flew under the radar, didn't attend many camps or something. Most of the people in the business whom I follow are in love with this kid as a prospect. They all call him a lock down corner and highly underrated.

What is he in your mind? Where does he rank? . . .assume you've seen his clips.

24 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Caldwell must have been one of those who flew under the radar, didn't attend many camps or something. Most of the people in the business whom I follow are in love with this kid as a prospect. They all call him a lock down corner and highly underrated.

What is he in your mind? Where does he rank? . . .assume you've seen his clips.

He’s built in the mold you want at corner these days. Tall, long, rangy, and not afraid to get physical.  The common comparison has been Holton Hill, but I liked Hill’s tape a good bit more at the same stage. Hill was a better tackler fundamentally as well, which is something I particularly noted Caldwell needing to show improvement. 

After watching him I felt like he was a solid take, but still want to see how he performs this fall before saying he severely underranked. Solid tape, but wasn’t kind that made you shake your head and cuss under your breath. For now I’ll say he’s appropriately ranked pending the senior film coming out. 

Not Texas related, but a USC writer spoiled Chris Steele’s commitment to to the Trojans by trying to be First on twitter to report it. 

This happens every cycle, but it is always frustrating to witness it every single time. I know some around here get restless about knowing when the next commit is going to drop, but we here at HornSports believe firmly in letting kids have their moments and not spoiling their time in the lime light. 

Even if we know a commitment/news is coming and have sat on it for any period of time we always let the kid break the story on his terms becuase that’s the way it should be. At the end of the day this about the kids and not us or anyone else. 

So just be conscious of that the next time you ask about who is committing next or when. We are not in the business of stepping on toes or breaking the trust of those we speak with. 

7 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Not Texas related, but a USC writer spoiled Chris Steele’s commitment to to the Trojans by trying to be First on twitter to report it. 

This happens every cycle, but it is always frustrating to witness it every single time. I know some around here get restless about knowing when the next commit is going to drop, but we here at HornSports believe firmly in letting kids have their moments and not spoiling their time in the lime light. 

Even if we know a commitment/news is coming and have sat on it for any period of time we always let the kid break the story on his terms becuase that’s the way it should be. At the end of the day this about the kids and not us or anyone else. 

So just be conscious of that the next time you ask about who is committing next or when. We are not in the business of stepping on toes or breaking the trust of those we speak with. 

Amen 

1 minute ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Yup. And what makes it even worse is that the dude doubled down for why he did it instead of just issuing a retraction. 

I wonder if the family is aware of it.