News Ticker
  • Texas vs Iowa State kickoff will take place on Saturday, November 17th @ 7:00 PM at DKR-TMS in Austin
  • Texas Football schedules Georgia for home and home series in 2028 and 2029
  • Texas Football ranked 13th in AP Poll and 14th in Coaches Poll
Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

The worst time of the year begins in five days – the month-long NCAA dead period.

Dust off your best jokes and Longhorn/fishing stories. This is the worst part of the desert we're now in. Dave Campbell's should be enough to get you through a week. Maybe. lol

3 hours ago, Hookemfan91 said:

He really likes Florida and at one point they were his top school. 

He really likes Texas too. But this has been LSU’s to lose for a very long time. If it’s going to be someone else it probably takes a huge meltdown in Baton Rouge for him to end up elsewhere. 

15 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

The worst time of the year begins in five days – the month-long NCAA dead period.

Dust off your best jokes and Longhorn/fishing stories. This is the worst part of the desert we're now in. Dave Campbell's should be enough to get you through a week. Maybe. lol

you start the thread....I will toss out some jokes

Posters on IT saying Leal has now stated Bama and Litville are even.  Kinda hilarious considering how the Ag Mod mouthpieces stated with certainty that Leal was 100% committed after the Bama visit.  Idiots.

4 hours ago, TexExSpur said:

Since we are headed for the dead period... @Daniel Seahorn

With 10 recruits verbally committed, (STAFF) Who would you add to the calculator moving forward from highest percentage of landing to lowest?

Some names that are trending in the right direction: Marques Caldwell, Chris Adimora, Javonne Shepherd, Jalen Catalon, Dylan Wright (but have to watch A&M). The big development of the bunch obviously being Shepherd as of late with him making multiple trips to Austin giving off some good vibes to those who observed him at the Heat Wave event. I think David Gbenda could also fall in this group, but the staff seems to be in a bit of a holding pattern with him. 

On the other side of the coin, the main uncommitted prospect I’m a little worried about right now is Noah Cain. Georgia is making a push and LSU may lose one of their primary targets in John Emery Jr. to Mississippi State and that could really muddy the waters in that recruitment. I’ll also say that my confidence is very low on Texas pulling a rabbit out of their hat for committed guys like Branson Bragg and Garrett Wilson. My confidence is a little higher for DeMarvin Leal, but I’ll need to see him back on campus this fall to feel any better about him as things sit today. 

2 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Some names that are trending in the right direction: Marques Caldwell, Chris Adimora, Javonne Shepherd, Jalen Catalon, Dylan Wright (but have to watch A&M). The big development of the bunch obviously being Shepherd as of late with him making multiple trips to Austin giving off some good vibes to those who observed him at the Heat Wave event. I think David Gbenda could also fall in this group, but the staff seems to be in a bit of a holding pattern with him. 

On the other side of the coin, the main uncommitted prospect I’m a little worried about right now is Noah Cain. Georgia is making a push and LSU may lose one of their primary targets in John Emery Jr. to Mississippi State and that could really muddy the waters in that recruitment. I’ll also say that my confidence is very low on Texas pulling a rabbit out of their hat for committed guys like Branson Bragg and Garrett Wilson. My confidence is a little higher for DeMarvin Leal, but I’ll need to see him back on campus this fall to feel any better about him as things sit today. 

Daniel, not trying to put you to work but, it would be good to have a list of targets, per position, to kind of study during the month of desert wandering we're about to embark on.

In other news, I spoke with a buddy today in Austin. He says that the Leal recruitment has turned, Bama leads and he expects Leal to flip to them in the next few weeks. Says its a three-horse race but UT is in third right now.

He echoed your sentiments on Cain re Georgia. Theres more going on there than the public will ever know about.

There's a considerable counter-push going on right now with regard to Caldwell. They won't let him go quietly.

IMO, Bragg is flippable. Wilson is not.

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Daniel, not trying to put you to work but, it would be good to have a list of targets, per position, to kind of study during the month of desert wandering we're about to embark on.

In other news, I spoke with a buddy today in Austin. He says that the Leal recruitment has turned, Bama leads and he expects Leal to flip to them in the next few weeks. Says its a three-horse race but UT is in third right now.

He echoed your sentiments on Cain re Georgia. Theres more going on there than the public will ever know about.

There's a considerable counter-push going on right now with regard to Caldwell. They won't let him go quietly.

IMO, Bragg is flippable. Wilson is not.

We will work on getting a list together. Need to sift through the names and try to whittle it down to th legimate targets the staff are actively after. 

43 minutes ago, Bear19 said:

SHA

A lot of talk now that Gawja is handing out a lot of party favors with their offers. 

Gawja is dirty and has the moneybags flowing.  Remember not to long ago when Colin Cowherd said a source told him that one SEC school is ramping it up cheating wise with recruiting, but not yet to Ole Miss level??  Yeah, that'd be Georgia.

If Leal flips to Bama' that'd help with the Hawaiian DT.  Not sure if Leal would stick, but then we are entering multiple decommits which isn't something I'm a big fan of as those type of players usually wash out.  Why I'm perfectly fine with aggy taking guys like Wolfe (who I think is overrated).  

Just remember, it's been mentioned several times over the months the staff is staying clear from several high rated recruits due to off-field issues and we'll be better off in the long run doing this.

This will be a solid class, the DL might not look flashy at the moment, but guys like Mowery and Stripling have showed pretty much no interest with us from day 1.  NaNa had the catholic thing working against us.  We are already in a good spot with a lot of the top 2020 guys and a good season gets most of those guys.  I'm talking guys like Evans, Demas, Lindberg, C. Thompson, ect.

2 hours ago, Bear19 said:

SHA

A lot of talk now that Gawja is handing out a lot of party favors with their offers. 

Thats what I've heard, too. I hear there is actually a scale, based on activity, athlete, etc.

SEC is definitely the best conference in one thing.

13 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

We will work on getting a list together. Need to sift through the names and try to whittle it down to th legimate targets the staff are actively after. 

That would be awesome and greatly appreciated.

11 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Thats what I've heard, too. I hear there is actually a scale, based on activity, athlete, etc.

SEC is definitely the best conference in one thing.

As The Gambler once said, "if you gonna play the game boy, you gotta learn to play it right". 

If Texas wants to get serious about contending for national championships, we better "learn to play it right". The sooner the better.

39 minutes ago, tejasrulz said:

Personally I believe if you have to cheat to win, then you're really not winning.

I always told my kids never give up, play hard, play to win but never cheat. 

I agree with you.  But on the other hand my DB coach always said, "no such thing as a cheap shot, just a good angle"!!!!!

Do y'all still think we will have a top ten class. The few aggies I do know think they have taken some of the great players away from Texas this year I call that crap .  My friends y'all have a great week

Just now, JimsTexas said:

Do y'all still think we will have a top ten class. The few aggies I do know think they have taken some of the great players away from Texas this year I call that crap .  My friends y'all have a great week

Definitely top 10.  We are kicking aggy's ass in the composite score.  Outside of Leal, Green, Richardson and maybe Cupp (he's a stud, but so is Liebrock) I ain't losing any sleep over anybody they have.  Don't care about Williams.  Not going to care when they get Wolfe either.

Top ten yes top five depends on the season aggies got lucky due to the db class tom herman pulled out last year guarantee we have a better record then the aggies this yr