News Ticker
  • Texas will face Oklahoma in the Big 12 Championship on Saturday, December 1st @ 11:00 AM in Arlington, TX. Game will be televised on ABC
  • Texas Basketball (5-1) loses to Michigan State in title game of Las Vegas Invitational 78-68
Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

3 minutes ago, DClonghornsfan said:

Are we still recruiting kardell thomas?

I think Hand might be communication with him from time to time, but barring any major developments, he is solid to LSU

32 minutes ago, Jameson McCausland said:

As @Daniel Seahorn has said, 99.9% chance it’s LSU. The best chance for Texas would be LSU’s season goes up in flames and everyone on the coaching staff is fired.

Yes that would be good but I want Texas to play LSU in 2019 with coach O as coach. Beating LSU is going to be very important in 19 & 20.

I believe this is legal since its a free site- Thought this was a good write up and UT be sitting nice if this is the turn out @Sirhornsalot your thoughts?

Some filling out the class discussion with what we know right now. First, the positions that will almost certainly be filled, and later positions we may or may not take depending on who we can land. Players are listed more or less in order of likelihood of landing, or likely preference on the big board, but not necessarily predicted to be in this class. 

QB: Roschon
RB: Cain, Major, Glass
WR: Whittington
WR: Smith
WR: Wright
WR: Higgins
TE: Liebrock
TE: Wiley
OL: Johnson
OL: Shepherd
OL: TBD- probably another tackle
OL: TBD- probably a swing guy who is most likely a guard with good length but can play tackle in a pinch
OL: TBD- a stud center we can groom for the future
DB: Watson
DB: Catalon
DB: Adimora
DB: Cine
DB: Caldwell
LB: Floyd
LB: Gbenda, TBD. Not sure what's going on with Gbenda. Orlando appears to be looking everywhere for more linebackers. I have Tongue in a different group, because you shouldn't count on him contributing at LB anytime soon. 
B-backer: Davis. Not sure who the backup play is here, and maybe we'd just punt the position if we miss on him
DL: Sweat
DL: Mpagi
DL: Carter
DL: TBD. Leal and Jermaine Johnson appear to be top options, but both will be tough pulls. There are about a dozen fungible in-state options who could blow up, so we can probably afford to wait here and see who materializes in-state while fishing out of state

That's 25 spots, or maybe 24 if we miss on b-backer. The following fit into the class if we can land them in no particular order as best available players, we can probably go up to 28 or 29

DB: Carter, Stingley, Pola-Gates, Richardson

RB: TBD. We know the staff is looking for a second RB per quotes from Noah Cain, but is it more of an APB/slot type ala Sqwirl Williams, or is it a 2nd every down back who is primarily an outside runner like Toenail (King Doerue?)

WR: Wilson, Lewis, Powell, Ellis, Anderson, TQ Jackson, OOS, late bloomer. Keep working on Wilson to see if landing his buddy Higgins, better play on the field, and proximity can change his mind, while seeing which of the third tier guys blows up, seeing of any OOS studs reciprocate interest, and looking under rocks for a late bloomer like Tev Hunt. 

1 hour ago, okiehorn said:

I believe this is legal since its a free site- Thought this was a good write up and UT be sitting nice if this is the turn out @Sirhornsalot your thoughts?

Some filling out the class discussion with what we know right now. First, the positions that will almost certainly be filled, and later positions we may or may not take depending on who we can land. Players are listed more or less in order of likelihood of landing, or likely preference on the big board, but not necessarily predicted to be in this class. 

QB: Roschon

RB: Cain, Major, Glass

Cain, yes. I don't see Major coming to UT. And I'm not all that impressed with Glass.

Hold out for Trey Sanders until he says no. The fall back, IMO, should be Newton's Darwin Barlow.

WR: Whittington
WR: Smith
WR: Wright
WR: Higgins

I hope you're right about Wright.

Higgins but this could be one of several candidates. If Higgins drags his feet much longer, he may have to look elsewhere.

TE: Liebrock
TE: Wiley

Pretty happy with how this worked out.

OL: Johnson
OL: Shepherd
OL: TBD- probably another tackle
OL: TBD- probably a swing guy who is most likely a guard with good length but can play tackle in a pinch
OL: TBD- a stud center we can groom for the future

I don't think its over with Greene. We'll see him again once the season starts and he can't take any more.

Johnson and Shepherd are the jewels of the OL class so there's a luxury of choosing an OG for that spot. And then yes, we need a center. My hope is that Bragg starts realizing how far it is to No. California and how truly screwed up that region is.

DB: Watson
DB: Catalon
DB: Adimora
DB: Cine
DB: Caldwell

Caldwell's offer has an expiration on it. So he'll need to move soon. The rest of the group you have are excellent. Great class, again.

LB: Floyd
LB: Gbenda, TBD. Not sure what's going on with Gbenda. Orlando appears to be looking everywhere for more linebackers. I have Tongue in a different group, because you shouldn't count on him contributing at LB anytime soon. 
B-backer: Davis. Not sure who the backup play is here, and maybe we'd just punt the position if we miss on him

You're right. There's some serious slowdown happening with the Gbenda recruitment. And it happens at a time when Gbenda is thinking of ending the saga. We're in slow play mode while looking far and wide. Something is up because other schools seem to be doing the same.

DL: Sweat
DL: Mpagi
DL: Carter
DL: TBD. Leal and Jermaine Johnson appear to be top options, but both will be tough pulls.

If you take Carter, you're then forced to hold that last spot open until its fairly certain Leal remains with Aggy or flips. I take Jermaine Johnson before I take Carter, though it may work out differently. I love Johnson's upside.

DB: Carter, Stingley, Pola-Gates, Richardson

Forget Stingley. Richardson prolly not happening either. Pole-Gates is a legitimate shot for us. Carter, you wait until you see things have "improved" in certain areas for him. If you take Carter, you take him as an Athlete, late.