News Ticker
  • Texas will face Oklahoma in the Big 12 Championship on Saturday, December 1st @ 11:00 AM in Arlington, TX. Game will be televised on ABC
  • Texas Basketball (5-1) loses to Michigan State in title game of Las Vegas Invitational 78-68
Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

3 hours ago, TexExSpur said:

Feeling pretty good about Shepard.  What are y'all hearing Daniel? Super K seems to like the odds, like a video is in production.

Cautiously optimistic here, but it’s obvious Texas has been trending up since Shep made it to campus earlier this spring. If he makes it back to campus this weekend it’s another positive data point. 

1 hour ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Cautiously optimistic here, but it’s obvious Texas has been trending up since Shep made it to campus earlier this spring. If he makes it back to campus this weekend it’s another positive data point. 

I don't even know why he's visiting aggy.  What are they going to say? "We have 3 OT already, come be our 4th take."  Anything else is a bald face lie.

4 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I'm hearing Shepard will commit on his birthday, which I'm not sure what that date is. lol I think its within two weeks.

Yes, he tweeted a few days ago that his birthday would be in 16 days

Keep your bat signal ready 

57 minutes ago, okiehorn said:

Word is our next Commit will “make Orlando very happy”... hmmm D.Gbenda?

Rian Davis would make Orlando happy. But not sure thats going to happen just yet.

Caldwell would make Orlando happy. His visit was supposedly moved to today.

Catalon, ditto.

7 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Rian Davis would make Orlando happy. But not sure thats going to happen just yet.

Catalon, ditto.

Caldwell just underrated? Everyone talks bout him but he is a 3 star? Then again so is RoJo and that’s just silly. I was just wishful thinking I suppose, Gbenda would be nice get with De Gabriel Floyd 

4 minutes ago, okiehorn said:

Caldwell just underrated? Everyone talks bout him but he is a 3 star? Then again so is RoJo and that’s just silly. I was just wishful thinking I suppose, Gbenda would be nice get with De Gabriel Floyd 

Caldwell is underrated and has a higher ceiling than some others. The three star rating isn't right. I'd have him at a low to medium 4 star.

We're in a heated battle for Gbenda. I don't see him committing right now but I could be wrong.

56 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Caldwell is underrated and has a higher ceiling than some others. The three star rating isn't right. I'd have him at a low to medium 4 star.

We're in a heated battle for Gbenda. I don't see him committing right now but I could be wrong.

Have read/heard that both the Ags and Texas have backed off Gbenda a bit.  Don't think it's as heated at present as both are slow playing him in case others they have rated higher commit or go elsewhere.

1 minute ago, Texas2725 said:

Have read/heard that both the Ags and Texas have backed off Gbenda a bit.  Don't think it's as heated at present as both are slow playing him in case others they have rated higher commit or go elsewhere.

That didn’t go over to well in the 2018 class :mellow: here we go again 

13 minutes ago, Texas2725 said:

Read another report that he hasn't looked good live and that's the reason teams have backed off. So it seems like teams may wait to see how he looks this season.

@Daniel Seahorn, id like to know what your hearing.

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Catalon, ditto.

There’s apparently some weird stuff transpiring with Caldwell. I’m not sure he made it in today.

9 minutes ago, HORNfromETX said:

Read another report that he hasn't looked good live and that's the reason teams have backed off. So it seems like teams may wait to see how he looks this season.

@Daniel Seahorn, id like to know what your hearing.

Things certainly seemed to have cooled after his stock took off a bit early in the spring. Best guess is that’s as schools went and saw him this spring they went into a holding pattern as they continue to evaluate their can options. 

Solid player, but wouldn’t put him in the special category or a guy you have to press very early to get in the boat to navigate the landscape. 

5 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

There’s apparently some weird stuff transpiring with Caldwell. I’m not sure he made it in today.

Said it before but I wonder if the staff is circling back to Jeffrey Carter and seeing if his "off-field" issues may get cleaned up with him moving.

2 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Things certainly seemed to have cooled after his stock took off a bit early in the spring. Best guess is that’s as schools went and saw him this spring they went into a holding pattern as they continue to evaluate their can options. 

Solid player, but wouldn’t put him in the special category or a guy you have to press very early to get in the boat to navigate the landscape. 

Like you said, solid player and his tape looks good IMO.  But I think Davis, Hawaii kid, Tongue, McCoy are higher on the board.

28 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Caldwell better not mess a round or he is going to miss the boat. Assuming this is on him and not the coaches.

1 hour ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Points to you for working the word "landscape" into your post. Well done.