Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

Here is what I will say since it is being discussed in another thread in regards to Banks. Texas has earned the right to be picky about their DB takes after last cycle. If they are only taking one more corner they can be patient even if that means letting a guy like Banks go elsewhere. Still a long way to go and plenty of time to evaluate your options.

2 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Here is what I will say since it is being discussed in another thread in regards to Banks. Texas has earned the right to be picky about their DB takes after last cycle. If they are only taking one more corner they can be patient even if that means letting a guy like Banks go elsewhere. Still a long way to go and plenty of time to evaluate your options.

Agreed

10 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

This here.  Watson is probably just as good as any in-state Corner this year.  I think a sign of what's going on is that both Banks and the Corner from Louisiana ended up not OV'ing a couple of weeks ago.

I believe Herman saw this cycle ahead of time. I believe whatever plan he set out for this cycle will come into play eventually. I believe he knew what guys he had a chance with and didn’t have one with. I also believe he’s been working on these out of state guys since the moment he got to Texas. Hence why half our class is out of state. 

2 hours ago, Hookemfan91 said:

I believe Herman saw this cycle ahead of time. I believe whatever plan he set out for this cycle will come into play eventually. I believe he knew what guys he had a chance with and didn’t have one with. I also believe he’s been working on these out of state guys since the moment he got to Texas. Hence why half our class is out of state. 

Jives with what I've been told. I was told the staff shoots for the best players in the state. If they go elsewhere, then Texas looks OOS rather than take a lesser talent in state.

15 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

@Slimer, saw your post on another site today.

The answer is – his grades were bad enough to make a mother breath fire from her nostrils. Thats whats wrong with that situation.

For those of us who didn't see his post on another site, please fill us in on what and who you are referring to.  Thanks.

There is definitely something odd with the Banks recruitment. I thought this might have been a case of Texas tapping the brakes, but that isn’t the case. Weird situation. 

I still think Texas will end up fine at corner, but this is a recruitment that has been filled with left turns with this one being a pretty sharp one. 

11 minutes ago, drgilbert said:

Sorry for some reason I thought he was a 19

I looked him up after I posted this. Just knew it wasn’t a name I had heard yet lol on another note I like how Herm aint afraid to go after ANYONE