Join Our Community

Do you bleed Burnt Orange? Come talk about the Longhorns! Registration is FREE and EASY!
Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

SOooo I’m confused, when can this kid come play. 2018 season  or 2019??? Because Ingram will have a full year under his belt if we talkin 2019 season. Gotta be playing in September  I’m guessing 

1 minute ago, okiehorn said:

SOooo I’m confused, when can this kid come play. 2018 season  or 2019??? Because Ingram will have a full year under his belt if we talkin 2019 season. Gotta be playing in September  I’m guessing 

He's a grad transfer and is eligible immediately just like Anderson is from Rice.

Just now, Texas2725 said:

He's a grad transfer and is eligible immediately just like Anderson is from Rice.

Thank ya! Simply confused because 2019 thread so had to ask lol. Hopefully he comes in and picks up where he left off before  season ending injury!

Just now, okiehorn said:

Thank ya! Simply confused because 2019 thread so had to ask lol. Hopefully he comes in and picks up where he left off before  season ending injury!

All good.  Both Watson and Anderson have only 1 year of eligibility so they're both gonna play a lot and I'd be shocked if Anderson isn't our starting LT.

5 minutes ago, okiehorn said:

Thought it was mentioned he was a grad Transfer. He graduates from Cal next week.

20 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

NaNa to Notre Dame per IT....Eric said they basically hit a double and needed a homerun,

This one has turned murky over the past few weeks. Before the official it looked like Texas was in position to steal another from ND. 

26 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

NaNa to Notre Dame per IT....Eric said they basically hit a double and needed a homerun,

Well that sucks if true.  Quality Dline depth is going to be something of concern sooner rather than later.  Here's hoping they hit home runs last year with Ossai, Carson, Williams, Ojomo, and Coburn.  Horns are going to need Dlineman and those guys are the future.  

10 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

This one has turned murky over the past few weeks. Before the official it looked like Texas was in position to steal another from ND. 

We'll be hitting the JUCO / Grad transfer market again for DL.  I'd be looking at solid DL transfers if they were available 

4 minutes ago, texbound said:

Well that sucks if true.

If Eric said its true...  They will continue to recruit him but I mean its not surprising for a kid who attends a private Catholic high school to fall in love with Notre Dame.

1 minute ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

If Eric said its true...  They will continue to recruit him but I mean its not surprising for a kid who attends a private Catholic high school to fall in love with Notre Dame.

Yeah, but how do they not hit a homerun with him?  It's concerning because they had to  pull a rabbit out the hat last year on the DL.  It was very iffy for a little while on that side and his year has not started out great for the that side of the ball.  Need to win this year so kids are beating down the door to get in.

14 minutes ago, Slimer said:

Herman shoulda' sent his buddy Warehime or Mehringer packing and hired a DL coach that can recruit along with Hand this past off season.  Going to miss out on the top 3 in-state DL recruits.

If you don't trust Herman to hire the coaches and staff that he wants then you really cannot think Herman is the man for the Texas job....  This same staff pulled in a top 3 class last year but now they suck?

2 minutes ago, HORNfromETX said:

Add Trace Ford.  I've said his name before on here.  Kid has an elite 1st step.  Shoulda' been offered months ago IMO.  Watch the hudl.

Pearl had a nice offer list.

3 minutes ago, Slimer said:

Add Trace Ford.  I've said his name before on here.  Kid has an elite 1st step.  Shoulda' been offered months ago IMO.  Watch the hudl.

Pearl had a nice offer list.

I agree, Mpagi is a personal favorite, because he was quoted aaying he doesnt like a&m. Lol