Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

3 hours ago, TheContractor said:

He is such a smooth runner. Not sure the competition they play but he a complete RB. Excellent 2nd RB take, could be primary RB without any complaints. He is very good, glides, cuts well. Speed appears pretty decent, some power for a 200#. Im not sure if he is playing equivalent to Texas 5A or 2A. 

Millqood is 2A football program which is TINY school districts. And a watered down football league. millwood always dominates. Has for years. Kid may be able to play but his oppents def make him look even better if I’m being honest.i don’t know how many  kids Texas 2A schools have but here in Oklahoma my local 4A school graduates around 170 students a class. So 2A significantly less. 

16 hours ago, NWAHorn said:

So Texas signs the No. 3 class in the country in Dec/Feb, after the season because Herman could sell the players on his vision. Now we move 3 months later and the vision he was touting in February is no longer attractive? So what changed between February and now? I agree the proof is on the field, but the vision that secured the No. 3 class in the country on the heels of a 7-6 season is the same vision it is today. Most of these kids who are making don't-mean-squat verbals will end up changing their minds, some 2-3 times. 

I don't disagree but we cannot continue to disappoint on the field.

3 hours ago, okiehorn said:

Millqood is 2A football program which is TINY school districts. And a watered down football league. millwood always dominates. Has for years. Kid may be able to play but his oppents def make him look even better if I’m being honest.i don’t know how many  kids Texas 2A schools have but here in Oklahoma my local 4A school graduates around 170 students a class. So 2A significantly less. 

Thanks, I went to Texas 5A and we had almost 6k 20+ years ago. 170 kids is very small, 1A if that in Texas 

20 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

It's 8:33 pacific time right now. Hopefully he does this soon.

I looked last night so can’t remember the exact numbers but he must have been hurt last year? Said he only played 2 games? Year before he had 700+ yards... is he something to really get pumped about? Legit question. Obviously has experience but what sets him apart from the rest?

1 hour ago, okiehorn said:

I looked last night so can’t remember the exact numbers but he must have been hurt last year? Said he only played 2 games? Year before he had 700+ yards... is he something to really get pumped about? Legit question. Obviously has experience but what sets him apart from the rest?

The fact that he is immediately the best back we have when he sets foot on campus. Ingram will be better, long term. 

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

The fact that he is immediately the best back we have when he sets foot on campus. Ingram will be better, long term. 

Fair enough, but Im anxious to see the other backs with a healthy solid line. I’m a believer in D. Young