News Ticker
  • Texas vs Iowa State kickoff will take place on Saturday, November 17th @ 7:00 PM at DKR-TMS in Austin
  • Texas Football schedules Georgia for home and home series in 2028 and 2029
  • Texas Football ranked 13th in AP Poll and 14th in Coaches Poll
Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

7 minutes ago, Slimer said:

Some Clemson mod just put in a ND pick for NaNa.  Odd timing IMO right before his Texas OV.  She's 100% on CB picks, but it's a little misleading with it being for only 9 picks total.

Very odd timing. I’m not going to make too much out of it with the visit on deck. 

3 hours ago, Slimer said:

Some Clemson mod just put in a ND pick for NaNa.  Odd timing IMO right before his Texas OV.  She's 100% on CB picks, but it's a little misleading with it being for only 9 picks total.

EJ at 247 said he is about to change is CB to foggy from Texas bc he is hearing its really 50/50. Texas needs to hit it out the park and get the dad on board. Nana and family really love ND. Lets hit a home run bc this kid can play some football. B-Backer or WDE. He could play Rover but my fav Rover is Floyd so If Nana can get to 6-4 260+ he will be an excellent WDE. 

3 hours ago, Slimer said:

If we can't close the deal on NaNa then it's going to feel like the KO blow after Leal and Wilson.  Time for Herman and company to get to work.

Need to take everything in prespective. It's May so I wouldn't say it's a "KO blow". More like a "jab". If it was December, then it might be a "KO blow".

4 hours ago, Slimer said:

If we can't close the deal on NaNa then it's going to feel like the KO blow after Leal and Wilson.  Time for Herman and company to get to work.

Well, if it is really 50/50 at this point and he has a OV with the Horns to go, then I like their chances.  If even it was 60/40 ND I would like the odds going into the weekend.  Have to keep the talent in Texas.

12 minutes ago, texbound said:

Well, if it is really 50/50 at this point and he has a OV with the Horns to go, then I like their chances.  If even it was 60/40 ND I would like the odds going into the weekend.  Have to keep the talent in Texas.

I don't think its 50-50. I think one of the parents came away most impressed with ND and of course, has some influence on the situation. But NaNa loves UT. He really likes ND. 

Cease and desist with the gloom and doom considerations. All is fine. Herman is usually ready for anything well before it happens. We don't need to hit a home run. We just need to keep being and doing the things that have captured his attention to this point.

Doc might expand on this one, not sure. 

2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I don't think its 50-50. I think one of the parents came away most impressed with ND and of course, has some influence on the situation. But NaNa loves UT. He really likes ND. 

Cease and desist with the gloom and doom considerations. All is fine. Herman is usually ready for anything well before it happens. We don't need to hit a home run. We just need to keep being and doing the things that have captured his attention to this point.

Doc might expand on this one, not sure. 

Inside Texas guys think Texas needs to hit a HR this weekend... ND is has a pretty big lead at this point apparently.

1 minute ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Inside Texas guys think Texas needs to hit a HR this weekend... ND is has a pretty big lead at this point apparently.

I guess I'm saying I don't agree with that.

30 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

This is one thing I'm not concerned about.  If Nana picks ND then it's because he truly wants to go there and not because the Texas didn't do everything in their arsenal to make it happen.  This staff, Herman, leave no stone unturned, no I undotted, and no T uncrossed.

47 minutes ago, texbound said:

This is one thing I'm not concerned about.  If Nana picks ND then it's because he truly wants to go there and not because the Texas didn't do everything in their arsenal to make it happen.  This staff, Herman, leave no stone unturned, no I undotted, and no T uncrossed.

If Herman uses everything in his arsenal and loses him then I am concerned.

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I guess I'm saying I don't agree with that.

Kids in state are mostly in a wait and see mode with Texas. Selling of the future is no longer working.. Jimbo, Riley, and Morris are negative recruiting UT big time.. Herman needs to have a good year on the field... Kids are just not buying the words right now.. They want to see it on the field...

1 hour ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Kids in state are mostly in a wait and see mode with Texas. Selling of the future is no longer working.. Jimbo, Riley, and Morris are negative recruiting UT big time.. Herman needs to have a good year on the field... Kids are just not buying the words right now.. They want to see it on the field...

I see some of that, sure. But what Herman is doing is really no different than what Mack did. Mack wanted an allegiance from Texas kids to Texas schools. Even sent some to RC when he couldn't take them. Mack won a national championship with those kids, just like he sold them on.

Herman is accumulating a nice array of talent. As his recruiting efforts show, if Texas kids want to run to aggy or elsewhere, we can get top-notch quality elsewhere as well. 

Kids can play wait and see if they want, but there's only so many spots open and they may find themselves in a wait and wish mode instead. Lets face it, aggy isn't going to blow anyone's minds and Jumbo will have to get really creative to maintain his recruits' interest. Meanwhile, its a down year in the Big 12 and Texas is poised to compete for the title.

1 hour ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

So Texas signs the No. 3 class in the country in Dec/Feb, after the season because Herman could sell the players on his vision. Now we move 3 months later and the vision he was touting in February is no longer attractive? So what changed between February and now? I agree the proof is on the field, but the vision that secured the No. 3 class in the country on the heels of a 7-6 season is the same vision it is today. Most of these kids who are making don't-mean-squat verbals will end up changing their minds, some 2-3 times. 

1 hour ago, drgilbert said:

Update on texags. Leal will take visits to Texas & Alabama

This is what happens when Bimbo pressures a kid to commit and won't let him leave campus 9 months out from NSD without committing.  It works on guys like Brian Williams.  He's about to find out it won't with Leal.  Jimbos a fool if he thought Leal would completely shut it down.  

12 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Oklahoma RB Marcus Major names Texas in his Top 7

He is such a smooth runner. Not sure the competition they play but he a complete RB. Excellent 2nd RB take, could be primary RB without any complaints. He is very good, glides, cuts well. Speed appears pretty decent, some power for a 200#. Im not sure if he is playing equivalent to Texas 5A or 2A. 

12 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I see some of that, sure. But what Herman is doing is really no different than what Mack did. Mack wanted an allegiance from Texas kids to Texas schools. Even sent some to RC when he couldn't take them. Mack won a national championship with those kids, just like he sold them on.

Herman is accumulating a nice array of talent. As his recruiting efforts show, if Texas kids want to run to aggy or elsewhere, we can get top-notch quality elsewhere as well. 

Kids can play wait and see if they want, but there's only so many spots open and they may find themselves in a wait and wish mode instead. Lets face it, aggy isn't going to blow anyone's minds and Jumbo will have to get really creative to maintain his recruits' interest. Meanwhile, its a down year in the Big 12 and Texas is poised to compete for the title.

I agree with you and MBHORNSFAN. Herman will get a good class this cycle, but it will be better if the Horns put together a 9+ win season. Recruiting has gotten more difficult with the aggy's shiny new toy and Riley's instant success. But in the long run if Texas continues to show improvement, nothing that the other recruiting rivals do will make a difference. Like I said in the Leal thread, his visit is just the tip of the iceberg.