Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

2 minutes ago, TheContractor said:

Does this offer mean bad thing with other OTs(Wilkins/Green)?

Wilkins ain't coming here.  A good season and I think we get Shepherd.

1 hour ago, Slimer said:

Hmmm are we going to get stumped again by the "childhood favorite" label?  Seems a long shot being a Katy Taylor kid.  Would be nice to put an end to that.

He has been considered a aggy lean for a while and many have expected him to commit there for a few weeks now..

I'll also add that this offer may not have anything to do with Wilkins or Shepherd.  I think Hand went by the school and liked what he saw from Coker from a physical POV.  Coker has supposedly lost 20-30 lbs. or so since the summer and reshaped his body and has looked impressive this spring in camps.  I think it's just Hand thinks he's offer worthy.

2 hours ago, TheContractor said:

Does this offer mean bad thing with other OTs(Wilkins/Green)?

Vegas odds probably has them landing in Norman and College Station as things sit today. Coker comes from a team that has sent several to A&M, so take that for what it’s worth. 

3 hours ago, drgilbert said:

Wouldn't count on this one happening.  I believe his dad is an ex-razorback.  Still waiting on us to offer Trace Ford, love that kids tape.

37 minutes ago, Slimer said:

Wouldn't count on this one happening.  I believe his dad is an ex-razorback.  Still waiting on us to offer Trace Ford, love that kids tape.

I’m in the camp of being cautiously optimistic as well, but the kid apparently is looking OOS. We will see if Texas can swipe one from Chad Morris.

54 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

He’s going to make a lot of people look foolish for that ranking. 

Sure is. I think he basically put all the “doesn’t camp well” crowd to bed.

On 5/2/2018 at 7:44 PM, Slimer said:

Wilkins ain't coming here.  A good season and I think we get Shepherd.

I read somewhere that Wilkins had a poor showing at the camp in Dallas. I think there are bigger fish to fry in state and that's where TH & Hand need to concentrate their efforts IMO.

4 minutes ago, Baron said:

I read somewhere that Wilkins had a poor showing at the camp in Dallas. I think there are bigger fish to fry in state and that's where TH & Hand need to concentrate their efforts IMO.

The only concern I've seen from sites in regards to Wilkins is that he needs to add a bunch of weight/bulk.  I guess a worse case with that is he goes down the JP Urquidez rout and can't add the necessary weight to play.

3 hours ago, Slimer said:

I think the staff just recently offered Zack. Long shot but offering doesn't hurt. 

Ford is damn good and should be offered. No idea what the thinking behind this is? Grades? Personality? He is a very good football player. 

2 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Took 12 Alert for Rian Davis 

Hell yeah! We should be in the top 3 here. Not sure where he is playing Sr. year in Fla or Tx. He can play some football. B-Backer or if he gains a lot of wt,WDE. 

Some Clemson mod just put in a ND pick for NaNa.  Odd timing IMO right before his Texas OV.  She's 100% on CB picks, but it's a little misleading with it being for only 9 picks total.

1 hour ago, Slimer said:

The only concern I've seen from sites in regards to Wilkins is that he needs to add a bunch of weight/bulk.  I guess a worse case with that is he goes down the JP Urquidez rout and can't add the necessary weight to play.

Adding good weight isn’t the issue for Urquidez. He’s never really lacked the size.