News Ticker
  • Texas vs Iowa State kickoff will take place on Saturday, November 17th @ 7:00 PM at DKR-TMS in Austin
  • Texas Football schedules Georgia for home and home series in 2028 and 2029
  • Texas Football ranked 13th in AP Poll and 14th in Coaches Poll
Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

27 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Reports of Green's demise (aggy) are greatly exaggerated. They may have made up some ground, not sure, during his visit there. But he walked into aggyland in a burnt orange frame of mind.

Aggy does compare well on facilities, but the campus is just ugly.

Are you saying the "Great Wall of Austin" will be built??  If that happens I'll buy you a beer.

7 minutes ago, Slimer said:

Are you saying the "Great Wall of Austin" will be built??  If that happens I'll buy you a beer.

I know some things of the past regarding him, but you and I both know anything can change in the next several months. 

So while I feel comfortable about him here in April, its going to be a fight. 

If you've noticed, Herman and staff seem to be shooting higher than previous staffs. Sometimes I think Mack would just pass on by a 5-star because he didn't want to work that hard. Herman is seemingly changing that in a big way.

I think we'll see more 5-stars and high 4-stars visit Austin this year than ever before. This is a good thing. If you are a fisherman, you know your luck goes up the more lines you can bait and set.

2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

But at this point, I'm not sure Wilkins will even OV here. OU may be too far along in this recruitment.

Yep... As I said several weeks ago.... Herman won't give up but he looks pretty locked into ou.

1 hour ago, bevotee said:

Think we made enough of an impression on McCoy to be a player in this?

A positive impression was definitely made. Still  think it will be hard to beat out USC, but the fact that he made the trip on his own dime and came with DGF can’t hurt. Continue to chip away and get him back for an OV.

50 minutes ago, HORNfromETX said:

Andrew Lind (Buckeye mod) CBed him to Texas. 

Complete TE, maybe not elite but very damn good. Need to make a very good impression this weekend and helps us get into Arizona which we need to do along with Cali. Good size at 6-5 220, obviously needs to add wt but he has 16 months b4 he will play college ball. Very good pass catcher, very good hands, similar to Mark Andrews(Ou). Appears to be a willing blocker but didn't block anyone heavier than him in his highlights. 

Good offer list: Usc, Bama(we know what that's worth), Neb(UOV), Michigan, our nemesis in Ohio(UOV), ND(UOV), ole miss, Oregon and both Zona schools(Sumlin). 

3 hours ago, TheContractor said:

Complete TE, maybe not elite but very damn good. Need to make a very good impression this weekend and helps us get into Arizona which we need to do along with Cali. Good size at 6-5 220, obviously needs to add wt but he has 16 months b4 he will play college ball. Very good pass catcher, very good hands, similar to Mark Andrews(Ou). Appears to be a willing blocker but didn't block anyone heavier than him in his highlights. 

Good offer list: Usc, Bama(we know what that's worth), Neb(UOV), Michigan, our nemesis in Ohio(UOV), ND(UOV), ole miss, Oregon and both Zona schools(Sumlin). 

He’s one of the best TEs I’ve watched on tape this cycle. I have no idea how he’s only a 3-Star. 

10 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

He’s one of the best TEs I’ve watched on tape this cycle. I have no idea how he’s only a 3-Star. 

What's our chances? I know this is a OV and not a UOV. I believe he has been to campus for an UOV before. 

39 minutes ago, TheContractor said:

What's our chances? I know this is a OV and not a UOV. I believe he has been to campus for an UOV before. 

Cautiously optimistic like I am with Jake Smith. Has no shortage of options given his talent, but this is a return trip for him after visiting this spring.