Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

4 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

IMO, Gunnell is what tipped the scales, well, so I'm told. 

Maybe Wilson looked at Johnson vs Gunnell and decided Gunnell would end up throwing more?

If that’s the case, then imo he was focused on the wrong things. That is analytical in the extreme. 

I am sure Gunnell will be good, but I think RJ will be great. In fact, I love our qb room right now, and it’s getting better.  

Whoever Wilson picks, I wish him well, just not if they are our draw in a bowl game. Then, it’s all about us. 

Hook ‘em!

48 minutes ago, Hookemfan91 said:

Wilson to Ohio State and I wouldn’t be surprised if Higgins joins him.

Well that sucks.  Come on down Jake Smith and/or Dylan Wright and/or Devonta Lee and/or Player not offered yet that will blow up this summer.  Need at least two of them to join Whittington and keep the WR room healthy.

If i’m a top recruit and championships are what I value above everything else, i’m worried about Texas too. We haven’t shown it on the field yet.  But if I value everything else — education, environment, chicks, tradition, etc — and we start winning again this year, look out. I sure hope some of these cats are keeping their options open. 

1 hour ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Texas missing on three high end local players is something I anticipated this cycle. Maybe things change down the line with a couple of them, but I count Leal, Wilson, and Higgins as bad beats if things hold the way they are trending. 

True, as you always "should" get those local kids. Its a loss if we cannot get equal or better talent at the same spots, elsewhere.

58 minutes ago, Hookemfan91 said:

I’m just not getting why Texas can’t land the top guys. It seems like one minute their leaning towards Texas then then after a visit to another school it shifts in the opposite direction.

Well, we're breathing the same air as programs that win. So count your blessings and know that we're relying on potential and glamour for the moment.

A big season this fall will bring an end to this issue, IMO. Right now, there's still some hesitancy when up against a proven winning program.

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Well, we're breathing the same air as programs that win. So count your blessings and know that we're relying on potential and glamour for the moment.

A big season this fall will bring an end to this issue, IMO. Right now, there's still some hesitancy when up against a proven winning program.

The regular season will be said and done before the early signing period. IMO If Texas puts up a good season ALL bets are off concerning leisure suit larry/Urban Meyer. But it may be too late for some of those that change their minds.

3 hours ago, Hookemfan91 said:

I’m just not getting why Texas can’t land the top guys. It seems like one minute their leaning towards Texas then then after a visit to another school it shifts in the opposite direction.

I don't think we should forget that we're dealing with 17 year old kids, some maybe 16 at this point. When I wasn't much younger, my career decisions at the time were based entirely on what Tom Cruise movie was out that year. To me it's understandable that these kids ride decisions on emotional waves. 

Fyi... pretty sure Tom Cruise never made a movie about what I'm *actually* doing now. 

1 minute ago, Captain Hookem said:

I don't think we should forget that we're dealing with 17 year old kids, some maybe 16 at this point. When I wasn't much younger, my career decisions at the time were based entirely on what Tom Cruise movie was out that year. To me it's understandable that these kids ride decisions on emotional waves. 

Fyi... pretty sure Tom Cruise never made a movie about what I'm *actually* doing now. 

Go Ampipe!

4 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

IMO, Gunnell is what tipped the scales, well, so I'm told. 

Maybe Wilson looked at Johnson vs Gunnell and decided Gunnell would end up throwing more?

Wilson has been recruiting Gunnel and Higgins to Ohio State for Weeks.... 

7 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Wilson has been recruiting Gunnel and Higgins to Ohio State for Weeks.... 

If that was the way it was, then so be it. I hope we play them in the National Championship Game in 3 years and whip their butts, collectively. 

Hook ‘em, Horns!  Go, Herman. 

1 hour ago, Slimer said:

NaNa was DL MVP at the Dallas Opening today.

Also, DE Trace Ford out of Oklahoma looked unblockable, kid is extremely quick, wish we'd offer him.

Trace Ford is a freak. Actually got the opportunity to watch him play. His recruiting WILL blow up. 

1 hour ago, Texas2725 said:

Because he just recently saw it posted on the IT site.

I guess you missed my previous post several weeks ago ( several pages back)...

But yes it was posted on IT recently. But I posted here weeks ago Wilson was damn near a lock to OSU due to this info... But carry on...

Everyone knew this was going to be a much tougher recruiting cycle. However I still feel confident Texas will have a top 10 when its all said and done... Also recruits are tired of hearing about the future. They want to see it on the field...