Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

11 minutes ago, 605Longhorn said:

And if I can’t figure out who it is......  then what. Just kidding

Well I can’t figure out who it is. And I ain’t kidding.

And it’s not in SHA’s newsletter. 

5 minutes ago, Bear19 said:

Well I can’t figure out who it is. And I ain’t kidding.

And it’s not in SHA’s newsletter. 

Well, my guess was Marcus Banks.  There seemed to be a lot of movement with him this weekend.  It's just a guess.

Bragg may be the most important recruit to get.  We need a stud Center in the worst way.  He could come in and RS and take over as a RS Freshman for 4 years.  He's that good IMO.  We haven't had a stud Center since Lyle Sendlein.

Board rumors are mom isn't on board yet with Texas.  Dad is all Texas.  I think Bragg wants to stay close to home as well.  Make it happen Hand and Herman.

3 minutes ago, Rotty22 said:

i see character.  he's appreciative of every offer; no matter where it came from.

I think he was talking about my comment, . . if I may take a moment to think I might have been funny. lol

44 minutes ago, Slimer said:

Bragg may be the most important recruit to get.  We need a stud Center in the worst way.  He could come in and RS and take over as a RS Freshman for 4 years.  He's that good IMO.  We haven't had a stud Center since Lyle Sendlein.

Board rumors are mom isn't on board yet with Texas.  Dad is all Texas.  I think Bragg wants to stay close to home as well.  Make it happen Hand and Herman.

Word is mom wants him to stay close to home, so that plays into Texas’ hand. 

37 minutes ago, Rotty22 said:

i see character.  he's appreciative of every offer; no matter where it came from.

I’m not questioning that one bit. I just thought the timing of a school like A&M Commerce offering was funny. A lot of schools won’t even bother. 

2 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Word is mom wants him to stay close to home, so that plays into Texas’ hand. 

So mom wants him close but not to Texas? 

Tcu? Aggie? 

He is damn important. True C who could start for 4 years 

Is Texas A&M Commerce the former Texas A&M Kingsville?  Wow!

I never lived in Kingsville, but worked there for 3 years. It would be a terrible place to go to school, imo. Nothing to do. It is depressing. 

But OTOH, I can see why a young man would be grateful when a program reaches out to them with one of their scholarships. 

Before A&M absorbed Texas A&I, Texas A&I had a proud and distinguished program with great success under Gil Steinke. A&M, when they took over, took credit (absorbed) for much of that success, crediting it to A&M. Not so much as a footnote to Texas A&I. 

What can I say?  Aggie culture. 

1 hour ago, java said:

I never lived in Kingsville, but worked there for 3 years. It would be a terrible place to go to school, imo. Nothing to do. It is depressing. 

But OTOH, I can see why a young man would be grateful when a program reaches out to them with one of their scholarships. 

Before A&M absorbed Texas A&I, Texas A&I had a proud and distinguished program with great success under Gil Steinke. A&M, when they took over, took credit (absorbed) for much of that success, crediting it to A&M. Not so much as a footnote to Texas A&I. 

Was just joking with another assimilated AM campus.  Different schools....commerce was East Tx St and Kingsvle was Texas A&I I believe.

6 minutes ago, okiehorn said:

Hmm yet somehow 247 has him as. 3 star :blink: (or did) they need to hop on board 

247 had Watson as like the #513 player in the country.  They also still have Bragg as a 3* 

4 hours ago, java said:

No, East Texas State University, my alma mater, class of 73 BBA. 

When A&M took it over, they wanted to know if I wanted a new diploma. I was polite about it but the answer wasn't just NO, and it wasn't just HELL, NO! I'll leave it to your imagination to figure out what it really was :)