Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

2 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

It’s raining 2020 offers today. Washington 4-Star OT GeireanHatchett and Lake Travis QB/WR Hudson Card both reporting offers tonight. 

Think we're offering Card as a QB or ATH?

So what's going on with Aggy that theyre pullin so many in recruits this go round? Its still early but wouldn't you like to have more than what you have now?  I'm new to all the recruiting stuff but I know it could be a variety of factors. I don't understand the OU thing either. Couldn't pay me to live there lol.

6 minutes ago, Roschonsbigbro said:

So what's going on with Aggy that theyre pullin so many in recruits this go round? Its still early but wouldn't you like to have more than what you have now?  I'm new to all the recruiting stuff but I know it could be a variety of factors. I don't understand the OU thing either. Couldn't pay me to live there lol.

Both A&M and OU have staffs that can recruit at a high level. Also keep in mind that most recruits won’t view things through the same microscope as the rest of us. 

As far as number of commits, it’s still early and Texas will be adding some more before the summer kicks off. 

9 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Both A&M and OU have staffs that can recruit at a high level. Also keep in mind that most recruits won’t view things through the same microscope as the rest of us. 

As far as number of commits, it’s still early and Texas will be adding some more before the summer kicks off. 

Daniel is right. It really is that simple. 

17 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Daniel is right. It really is that simple. 

And we can say all we want record doesn’t matter but winning is huge for Sooners momentum... getting to the playoff would only help the horns. But we be back. No time to worry just yet 

2 hours ago, Roschonsbigbro said:

I would agree with Daniel's take, but feel an obligation to be more honest than that.

Aggy has traditionally been the recruiting punching bag. Another way to put it – many think aggy is like a self-storage facility, where recruits are kept before they decommit and join a better program.

Its called Aggy Decommit Season around here and other parts.

Fisher has done well, or at least his staff has. But they're about to encounter something they never dreamed of at FSU. 

Aggy is weird, backwards, and, well, friggin weird. You can overcome this when you win or at least look good losing. Aggy so often can't do that once they get past their 5 out of conference patsies on their schedule. Once the recruiting field gets a look at that, and the food fight among their alumni, student body and fans gets started – that decommit season begins.

Can Fisher overcome decades and decades of this rich, stoic tradition?

IMO, Fisher is going to need counseling by year two.

OU is a completely different story. I hate them. But outside of marrying their sisters and dominating the trailer park market, I hold some respect for that program. Not the case with aggy.

Riley is a very good recruiter. He might be in Herman's league, IMO. But I think if Texas just beats OU for a few years in a row, Herman will establish an edge over Riley on the recruiting trail.

Bottom line is – Riley does well and should, since his one team featured a Heisman winner and Final Four finalist. Herman does just as well but shouldn't, since his team was held together by superglue last season and finished a very generic 7-6.

What do you think happens when Herman puts together a good season?

^^^  we know the answer.  If Herman gets to 10 wins or somehow gets a New Years 6 bowl then it's over for Bimbo.  Herman will pick his class and poor little Bimbo will get who Herman will let him take.  That's what those idiots don't understand.  They aren't going to out recruit a winning Texas at all.

Those clowns like Liucci and other aggy clowns predicting a 9 win season and championships in 3 years are smoking something.

Still hoping for a Leal decommit.  We really need to land Shepherd and Bragg.  All the other spots will take care of themselves.  I do feel better about Shepherd and Bragg with Hand leading the charge than if Warehime was still in charge of OL.