Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

33 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I think Texas will keep recruiting him, but Riley is a formidable recruiter and they're impressing Wilkins.

I think we can stick with hoping for a Shepard/Johnson/Green/Bragg haul.

I'd be fine with those and maybe add a Ndoma-Ogar to round out the group of 5.

19 minutes ago, okiehorn said:

Garrett Wilson from a FREE site on his visit to tOSU

“It was definitely a good visit but I’m going into both official visits with no clear leader,” Wilson said via text message on Sunday. “Once I take this Texas official visit, I’ll start to think about where I want to end up. I’d say Ohio State has an edge just because I just took my official visit and I haven’t taken one to Texas.”

figured Leal would be about the same but evidently not. Reading this makes me feel a little better 

I wouldn’t expect him to say anything different publicly.

9 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I think Texas will keep recruiting him, but Riley is a formidable recruiter and they're impressing Wilkins.

I think we can stick with hoping for a Shepard/Johnson/Green/Bragg haul.

Leal to aggy might help them with Green and Shepard i'm afraid... Missing on all 3 would be bad..

5 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Eric at IT is pretty much hinting that Wislon is going to Ohio State..

Hes a game changer and I wish we would get him, but if we're going to miss at any positon, WR is it. TX is loaded at WR year in and year out. We will be fine there. 

6 minutes ago, CoachEmUp64 said:

Hes a game changer and I wish we would get him, but if we're going to miss at any positon, WR is it. TX is loaded at WR year in and year out. We will be fine there. 

I don't disagree with you here, but Texas needs a game changer at the slot position. We'll be fine at the other WR positions, but someone needs to shine at the slot to show others what this offense can do.

21 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Eric at IT is pretty much hinting that Wislon is going to Ohio State..

lol, when does he think he might enroll?

Click bait. What else would/could he do with an OV yet to be done?

His tune will be different after the visit and he knows that.

There seems to be much angst among the crowd and the mods at various sites are seizing the opportunity.

The masses get played. The sites get hits.

What EJ is now saying is the same thing others have said ever since Wilson visited OSU. So far, they've all shown up to be wrong. Wilson hasn't decided anything although I'm sure he's thoroughly impressed with OSU. The eminent commitment isn't so eminent anymore.

Nothing is eminent in April.

Wilson will take an OV to Texas. He'll be just as impressed, if not more, than he was at OSU. We are not inferior to OSU and no one should feel that way. So unless there's a prima donna factor in play here, this visit will end with a similar high that he's had from OSU.

Its a rinse-repeat thing we've seen since recruiting began being covered.

50 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

lol, when does he think he might enroll?

Click bait. What else would/could he do with an OV yet to be done?

His tune will be different after the visit and he knows that.

Eric and Justin are the best in the business. They don't play the clickbait game... Its recruiting so yeah anything could happen. Wislon will probably commit to Ohio State and Herman will play the long game and hope for a late flip... 

44 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Wilson will take an OV to Texas. He'll be just as impressed, if not more, than he was at OSU.

Wilson like Texas. Beck is being used against us. Wilson hates the current look of the Texas offense.... Meyer is using Beck against us..

Wilson apparently told Ohio State he is coming... (you know your silent commit thing)

15 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Wilson like Texas. Beck is being used against us. Wilson hates the current look of the Texas offense.... Meyer is using Beck against us..

Wilson apparently told Ohio State he is coming... (you know your silent commit thing)

And Urban had Michael Thomas on campus during Wilson's visit.  Beck and the offense during last season are hard to overcome it appears.

17 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Eric and Justin are the best in the business. They don't play the clickbait game... Its recruiting so yeah anything could happen. Wislon will probably commit to Ohio State and Herman will play the long game and hope for a late flip... 

Spot on.  IT guys don't play that game whatsoever.  They do however deal in realities.