Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Will Baizer

2018 Recruiting Board/Thread

IT is saying there could be two Junior Days and a Sophomore Day this Spring. 

I like it. Invite these future stars to make themselves at home in Austin. 

Absolutely.

And Daniel, are you hearing that Connor actually wants to leave early? Or is that just assumption based on his draft value? Isn't he still a little light for an NFL line?

Absolutely.

And Daniel, are you hearing that Connor actually wants to leave early? Or is that just assumption based on his draft value? Isn't he still a little light for an NFL line?

The common thought is that he is going to get a first round draft grade unless something crazy happens this year. He is a little light, but it's not something he is getting beat up over unless he can't hold the weight.

Bottom line is that he is going to be in position where it won't make sense for him to come back unless he just wants to stay in school and become a 4 year starter.

The common thought is that he is going to get a first round draft grade unless something crazy happens this year. He is a little light, but it's not something he is getting beat up over unless he can't hold the weight.

Bottom line is that he is going to be in position where it won't make sense for him to come back unless he just wants to stay in school and become a 4 year starter.

Why I always thought Walker Little was the biggest miss for 2018. I sure hope we find a couple of stud OT's for 2018. The kid from Frisco ( can't remember his name ) would be a nice start.

Also, I still think Delance will be a solid OT but man it sucks we burned his red shirt for a handful of plays in mop up duty ( same with Okafor ).

Why I always thought Walker Little was the biggest miss for 2018. I sure hope we find a couple of stud OT's for 2018. The kid from Frisco ( can't remember his name ) would be a nice start.

Also, I still think Delance will be a solid OT but man it sucks we burned his red shirt for a handful of plays in mop up duty ( same with Okafor ).[/quote

]

We got Delance, Okafor, and Urq we'll be fine

Austin American Statesmen is out this morning with the States top 55 recruits for 2018 and it looks like the Aggies have a lot who have them at the top of their selection list.  One that stood out to me was Luke Matthews an offensive lineman that I think is the younger brother of Jake Matthews and son of Bruce Matthews. I have always stated the success of any program starts with the Offensive Line !

Austin American Statesmen is out this morning with the States top 55 recruits for 2018 and it looks like the Aggies have a lot who have them at the top of their selection list. One that stood out to me was Luke Matthews an offensive lineman that I think is the younger brother of Jake Matthews and son of Bruce Matthews. I have always stated the success of any program starts with the Offensive Line !

If he is a sibling to the other Matthews guys forget about him coming to Texas most likely.

Can't help but laugh reading the gigem board live coverage at the Houston opening, Hamm and Perroni say everyone is has aggy at the top or in top 3.

ATM will be hurting come the season. Let them talk all they want right now. The difference between UT and them is who has the better season, imo. It will be settled on the field. If ATM stumbles again, like every year, then rumblings will start about Sumlin's job that will send kids out the door. Conversely for UT, if they put a good product on the field then the recruiting will take care of itself.

If he is a sibling to the other Matthews guys forget about him coming to Texas most likely.

Yeah you can forget Matthews, according to his 247 profile aggy is his only offer so everybody must know he's 100% no matter what. The other aggy OL commit is all aggy to and seems like he fell for the marine ( we haven't offered him ). The other 4 commits for them aren't even worth pursuing IMO.

Eric Nahlin of Inside Texas reports that Max Wright will trip to Texas for the Junior Day.

Damon Sayles said on twitter Wright just told him he wasn't committing today and never planned to. Lulz at Hamm hyping up his minions with false hope.

Austin American Statesmen is out this morning with the States top 55 recruits for 2018 and it looks like the Aggies have a lot who have them at the top of their selection list.  One that stood out to me was Luke Matthews an offensive lineman that I think is the younger brother of Jake Matthews and son of Bruce Matthews. I have always stated the success of any program starts with the Offensive Line !

Forget about that one. Bruce Matthews does not like Texas, did not like Mack and told Mack not to waste his time recruiting his son. I don't imagine that has changed.

Forget about that one. Bruce Matthews does not like Texas, did not like Mack and told Mack not to waste his time recruiting his son. I don't imagine that has changed.

Didn't it have something to do with how Texas' offensive linemen were being coached up? I'm trying to remember the exact issue on why he was down on Texas.

Didn't it have something to do with how Texas' offensive linemen were being coached up? I'm trying to remember the exact issue on why he was down on Texas.

I believe it had something to do with how the OL was being utilized in terms of a blocking scheme is concern. I remember bits and pieces from what i heard

Who is gonna be the one who kicks it off for us in the 18 class? Who is going to be the Malik the Kobe Boyce the who commits early and goes to work on the rest of the in state kids

Foster or Eagles would be nice.

Bruce Matthews didn't like the Davis-Nunez combo. He's not the only one. There were former letterman who either trimmed or stopped donations while Nunez was here.

Guess those guys didn't think Tai Chai was beneficial for the OL.