Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Will Baizer

2018 Recruiting Board/Thread

1 hour ago, texbound said:

Is it just me or does it seem like the UT momentum has simmered down?  Just the calm before the big Finish?  I want the football season back now.  This is going to be a long offseason.

Just have to exercise some patience. A lot of kids are likely waiting to announce next week. Calm before the storm. 

11 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Just have to exercise some patience. A lot of kids are likely waiting to announce next week. Calm before the storm. 

Yep.. Lol reminds me of 2016 except this is more exciting honestly

2 hours ago, texbound said:

Is it just me or does it seem like the UT momentum has simmered down?  Just the calm before the big Finish?  I want the football season back now.  This is going to be a long offseason.

Commits

Coburn

Ingram

Williams

Carson

Ones I expect to get come next week.

Ossai

Moore

Ojomo

Jones

Grad transfer

Anderson

Maybe's

Vernon Jackson

Keys

This is a pretty sold close..

2nd or 3rd hand info, so take it for what it's worth. 

Struck up a conversation with a woman at work last week. I've seen her around, but we work in separate areas. She introduced herself. Last name Ojomo. Jokingly I asked if she had family in Katy (I'm in the dfw area). She said that her husband does, but she doesn't know the extended family as they are recently married.  I briefly mentioned why asked and that there was a kid being heavily recruited by the same last name, but never told her my affiliation to any school. Fast forward to today and I run into her in the parking lot. She tells me that her husband told her that he has a nephew who is a big boy and is going to be a longhorn!!!

Hope she's right...

1 minute ago, Big Daddy Cane said:

2nd or 3rd hand info, so take it for what it's worth. 

Struck up a conversation with a woman at work last week. I've seen her around, but we work in separate areas. She introduced herself. Last name Ojomo. Jokingly I asked if she had family in Katy (I'm in the dfw area). She said that her husband does, but she doesn't know the extended family as they are recently married.  I briefly mentioned why asked and that there was a kid being heavily recruited by the same last name, but never told her my affiliation to any school. Fast forward to today and I run into her in the parking lot. She tells me that her husband told her that he has a nephew who is a big boy and is going to be a longhorn!!!

Hope she's right...

Oh wow 

2 hours ago, shotime73 said:

Speaking of announcements. Daniel are you,Aaron and others are supposed to get a list of announcement times for each recruiter next week? 

Thats not how it will work, IMO. NSD is usually just faxes that get sent in. As they come in, Texas SID will likely tweet it out. There might be an announcement ceremony or two in cases where there is heavy competition for a kid.

2 hours ago, Slimer said:

Don't get to excited when you read this SHA, but 247 thinks we lead for Vernon Jackson and that Herman is going in-home this week.

They aren't the only ones. I've heard brainiacs has said the same thing.

Nahlin said we lead GOING INTO the in-home visit with Herman. So we should be in good shape, post-Herman visit.

However, VJ will be visiting aggy and they may hold him hostage or do something really stupid to mess this up those rat bastards I hate 'em. lol

Going into this home-stretch, I held out hope for two long-shots. One was Jackson and the other was Waddle. We'll see how it plays out.