Join Our Community

Do you bleed Burnt Orange? Come talk about the Longhorns! Registration is FREE and EASY!
Will Baizer

2018 Recruiting Board/Thread

35 minutes ago, Texas2725 said:

Perroni saying the Wilson DE kid wouldn't allow us to visit him at school or at home this week and he's obviously not making an OV here anymore.  I find it interesting that the week we get 2 DE commits in Carson and Williams, the Ags decide to leave out that tidbit in their reasoning for Wilson no longer having interest.  Granted we'd still take V. Jackson if he wanted to join and Moro can play anywhere on the D-Line as well, but it is interesting just how desperate they are to paint any kind of positive recruiting info.  Watch the kid end up at Arkansas;)

I was just going to say that because Arkansas is in hot pursuit of him right now 

IT mentioned LB Luke Brockermeyer again. He could get an offer late if we don't find another LB. He is a Texas legacy(dad is Blake Brockermeyer). After watching his film, he has a little Hager in him, but I think he moves better than Hager. Something to keep an eye on.

1 hour ago, HORNfromETX said:

Both Moore and Ossai are set to announced on NSD2, but that doesn't mean they aren't silent commits (which I hate). So the only other one could be Anderson. Unless Texas really did offer Caleb O. 

I liked Caleb O as much maybe a hair more than Mike Williams(a lot bc there is not DL tape so hard to compare) but I don't think we can or should take both. There are other needs. 

Luke B film looks pretty good, 6-2,210 so he and GA LB both need to put on 20 lbs to play. I Like GA LB film more, hoping we can get Luke to be a preferred walk-on since he is a legacy. We need another LB in 2018, other than Ossai or we have to get a Juco in 2019, maybe both.

loved D White in our system, still broken hearted bc he isn't coming here being Hobbs best bud. Momma Hobbs let me down on that one, as awesome as she is 

5 minutes ago, Texas2725 said:

We good here or anything to worry about?  Am thinking we're ok regardless.

Makes no difference. Its Patterson. He'll say anything, do anything and negative recruits against us moreso than OU.

I hope Spur is right on this one. Coburn is a must-have.

5 minutes ago, Texas2725 said:

We good here or anything to worry about?  Am thinking we're ok regardless.

TCU and A&M are the two schools to worry about most in case of a flip, but I’m a little less worried about him flipping. 

Expect Patterson to go full court press with the negative recruiting pitch. 

41 minutes ago, TexExSpur said:

Fat Pat will simply talk about dominating Texas since joining the Big 12 and being the best program in the state, blah, blah, blah.

Don't laugh. Its pretty effective. 

1 hour ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

As always.

TCU goes 11-3 and can barely manage #20 rank class.  Herman is eating his lunch in recruiting #3 and soon on the field as well.

59 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

TCU and A&M are the two schools to worry about most in case of a flip, but I’m a little less worried about him flipping. 

I worry more about TCU. Patterson is well known in this state. TCU has rightful bragging rights since they've joined the conference. He negative recruits us pretty well. And he's a defensive mastermind reputation that defensive players are drawn to.

As opposed to Jimbo, the guy who sounds like a car salesman, fresh on the scene but not a real familiar face, who is known for offense from his time years ago as an OC.

So Coburn anywhere near Patterson bothers me. I hope this worry is all for nothing.

2 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I worry more about TCU. Patterson is well known in this state. TCU has rightful bragging rights since they've joined the conference. He negative recruits us pretty well. And he's a defensive mastermind reputation that defensive players are drawn to.

As opposed to Jimbo, the guy who sounds like a car salesman, fresh on the scene but not a real familiar face, who is known for offense from his time years ago as an OC.

So Coburn anywhere near Patterson bothers me. I hope this worry is all for nothing.

I hear you Sha. If it were another recruit, I might get a bit worried, but I get the feeling Meekins has him prepared for what they are going to tell him. 

Guys think about it for a second Texas had been recruiting the hell out of Coburn since day one..  Remember they tried that mess on Jamison..? They haven't let there foot off the gas pedal then they are surely is hell not to let it off the pedal now