Jump to content

Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Sign Up for FREE
Will Baizer

2018 Recruiting Board/Thread

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Topstarr said:

what and who are we talking about that he hate is Real for Herman ?? @drgilbert                  @Daniel Seahorn

There are multiple posters that seem to hate Herman on that site. Most of it seems to stem from their loyalty to CS. They don’t believe he should have been fired. So every time Herman loses or doesn’t play  specific players then they start the hate train. They claim to be fans, but it is hard to tell their constructive criticism from actual hate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, drgilbert said:

There are multiple posters that seem to hate Herman on that site. Most of it seems to stem from their loyalty to CS. They don’t believe he should have been fired. So every time Herman loses or doesn’t play  specific players then they start the hate train. They claim to be fans, but it is hard to tell their constructive criticism from actual hate. 

Bingo... I made the mistake of getting in a big argument on there today with one of them... I even went as far to say #bringcharlieback hahaha. I shouldn’t have but it gets old reading everyday. Herman will bring us back out of this slump. They gave CS a chance as fans and should give Herman the same. But anyway not meaning to be so off topic sorry. Glad dr Gilbert sees it also

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, DMAC said:

Do what Charlie never did here....win a bowl game and the rest will take care of itself.  Lose this bowl game and it will be a long off season for some.

I sure don't have a good feeling about it... I think Missouri could be a good ball club and Texas handicapped some with NFL players leaving... BUT I do think we will see UT O-line better and healthier than we been all year. I'm excited to watch it.. cant come soon enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can someone explain to me what happened here? what did I miss?

 

"I’m told that Waddle continues to be unhappy with the way the slot WR recruiting was handled when Waddle was a silent commit to Texas."

the article went on to say Waddle always wanted to be a horn so If TAMU is such a lock why is he waiting? quoted he is waiting till Feb? wanting the attention or Texas still realistically in it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, okiehorn said:

can someone explain to me what happened here? what did I miss?

 

"I’m told that Waddle continues to be unhappy with the way the slot WR recruiting was handled when Waddle was a silent commit to Texas."

the article went on to say Waddle always wanted to be a horn so If TAMU is such a lock why is he waiting? quoted he is waiting till Feb? wanting the attention or Texas still realistically in it?

If you are a silent commit does it really matter? Or count? 

That quote is ridiculous to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DMAC said:

Do what Charlie never did here....win a bowl game and the rest will take care of itself.  Lose this bowl game and it will be a long off season for some.

I agree.  Although three months ago my expectations were a tad higher.... like three wins or so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t believe anyone would even still be talking about Charlie Strong and Texas. He had 3 losing seasons and lost to Kansas. Nice man but bad bad hire for Texas. 

I think we are on the right track now. Didn’t win as many as we should but showed improvement. Herman is recruiting at a national level and we should continue to see improvement. Great players, great coaches, great athletic director. Times are good folks. Focus on the future and not what could have been in the past. 

Hook’em Horns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, okiehorn said:

can someone explain to me what happened here? what did I miss?

 

"I’m told that Waddle continues to be unhappy with the way the slot WR recruiting was handled when Waddle was a silent commit to Texas."

the article went on to say Waddle always wanted to be a horn so If TAMU is such a lock why is he waiting? quoted he is waiting till Feb? wanting the attention or Texas still realistically in it?

What has happened is that whatever the Brainiacs were told may or may not be true. It just depends on the what the agenda of the person talking the Brainiacs is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TexCoyote said:

I can’t believe anyone would even still be talking about Charlie Strong and Texas. He had 3 losing seasons and lost to Kansas. Nice man but bad bad hire for Texas. 

I think we are on the right track now. Didn’t win as many as we should but showed improvement. Herman is recruiting at a national level and we should continue to see improvement. Great players, great coaches, great athletic director. Times are good folks. Focus on the future and not what could have been in the past. 

Hook’em Horns

Good post!  I’d replace “times are good” with “future appears promising.”  

While I agree,  I also must admit to myself that I’ve been thinking this for years.  

Recruiting plays a vital role and we are about to sign a stellar class.... I share your optimism, though not to the same degree.  It’s time to start turning all this optimism into actual significant victories on the field.  As DMAC said... this hopefully begins in the Texas Bowl.  Then, everything else becomes easier.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 83Dee said:

Good post!  I’d replace “times are good” with “future appears promising.”  

While I agree,  I also must admit to myself that I’ve been thinking this for years.  

Recruiting plays a vital role and we are about to sign a stellar class.... I share your optimism, though not to the same degree.  It’s time to start turning all this optimism into actual significant victories on the field.  As DMAC said... this hopefully begins in the Texas Bowl.  Then, everything else becomes easier.  

Yes I agree with some of your changes to the post. I just think Herman is a good coach and I think his assistants are really good. Recruiting is the key to me. If you can recruit at a top level the wins will come and that’s where I think we are at. Having said that we need to winning the ones we should and some of the ones maybe we shouldn’t. Other than Maryland and Texas Tech I think the season was about what I thought it was going to be. These people saying 10-11 wins going into this season were just drinking to much of the koolaid or something stronger. We beat Tech and win the bowl we would have been at 8 which would have been great, but you know about those if’s. I am still optimistic for 8 or 9 next year, 9 or 10 the following year, and then maybe be in the hunt for a playoff spot. We just need to let the Charlie Strong discussion in the rear view mirror. Herman and CDC are going to turn this thing around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 83Dee said:

Good post!  I’d replace “times are good” with “future appears promising.”  

While I agree,  I also must admit to myself that I’ve been thinking this for years.  

Recruiting plays a vital role and we are about to sign a stellar class.... I share your optimism, though not to the same degree.  It’s time to start turning all this optimism into actual significant victories on the field.  As DMAC said... this hopefully begins in the Texas Bowl.  Then, everything else becomes easier.  

Well, we have been saying this for 4 years now.

Every class Charlie signed except his first was top 15 or whatever.  Four years later we are still getting morning wood on recruiting classes.  Its fun dont get me wrong but 4 years later we still suck.  Tech proved that.

To be honest I want to believe in Herman but its difficult when his offense is such garbage.  Especially when that is his so called expertise.  The team seems undisciplined at times and unprepared at others.  See Maryland.  Wasn't that supposed to fixed with Herman...THE DETAILS.  Shit we still cant kick a FG.

The biggest improvement was the defense and that was talent and Orlando.  Herman has little to do with that other than hiring Orlando.  Then again he hired Beck so there is that.  Our offense has to be the worst we have seen in over a decade.  Granted the OL injuries was the biggest reason why but why we are anointing Herman the savior when he basically has the exact same record that so called "terrible but nice Chuck" had is more hype and hope than reality.   Yea we played tough teams closer, but we still lost 0-4 in the big games this year and 0-2 in games we should have won.  We got our ass handed to us by Maryland in the season opener and lost to a shitty Tech team in finale. 

Yea I do believe Herman is a better fit here at Texas, atleast from a media aspect.  I bashed Strong every year after his first year.  I will do the same to Herman if he continues to put a shit show on the field.  Whether its his fault or not he is the Head Coach and it comes with the job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeff Scott would be a solid addition, looks like the big programs are swinging for the fences with the 10th assistant. We just need someone who won’t back down from the aggies and Brewster, honestly I think our staff already has some really good recruiters, we do have the #2 class right now coming off of 4 straight 6 loss seasons 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


Franchise Quest


×