Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Will Baizer

2018 Recruiting Board/Thread

I have no idea what that tweet could possibly mean. Can someone translate? lol

Could we use a Deontay Anderson? Absolutely. Let him battle it out with Locke for the starting spot.

I believe Anderson and others are seeking a waiver from the NCAA which would make them able to play immediately. I don't know if that prohibits them from going to another SEC school or not.

1 minute ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I have no idea what that tweet could possibly mean. Can someone translate? lol

Could we use a Deontay Anderson? Absolutely. Let him battle it out with Locke for the starting spot.

I believe Anderson and others are seeking a waiver from the NCAA which would make them able to play immediately. I don't know if that prohibits them from going to another SEC school or not.

The originally tweet was Anderson saying “recruitment still wide open” then Brandon Jones just retweeted with his own spin..... maybe this is the commit from left field??? I’d say our DB room is plenty stacked. I don’t remember his recruitment but was he a stud? @Sirhornsalot

as for the transalation that may  not be what u were lookin for lol but I have no idea why he is stating recruitment is still wide open. A door must have closed???

40 minutes ago, okiehorn said:

The originally tweet was Anderson saying “recruitment still wide open” then Brandon Jones just retweeted with his own spin..... maybe this is the commit from left field??? I’d say our DB room is plenty stacked. I don’t remember his recruitment but was he a stud? @Sirhornsalot

as for the transalation that may  not be what u were lookin for lol but I have no idea why he is stating recruitment is still wide open. A door must have closed???

I don't know that a door closed. I know there are plenty of schools seeking his services.

We're losing DeShon Elliott and Anderson might make a nice home there if PJ Locke isn't up to the task. Ole Miss lists Anderson as 6'1, 221 lbs. Thats almost the same as DE with similar skills. He will be a junior and with a great showing, could be a one and done.

I don't think it would have much effect on the young guns coming in. There's two safeties in that group – BJ Foster and Caden Sterns. It would be great to be able to redshirt them. Having Anderson around would certainly help make that happen.

All that said, I have no idea if this is the out of nowhere guy. Would be cool if it is.

1 hour ago, okiehorn said:

@Daniel Seahorn.... what u make of this... doubt he comes to the 40 acres but he’d be able to okay anywhere out of the SEC right away correct? I know he doesn’t want to compete with his boy Brandon but heck why not take holton Hills spot? Play em both of they are good enough?

44D5B778-E417-4851-9779-59B8127695C7.jpeg

Two good friends probably hoping they can play together, but I haven’t heard of any interest on Texas’ end.

Holton played corner. Anderson is a safety all the way.