Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Will Baizer

2018 Recruiting Board/Thread

1 hour ago, HORNfromETX said:

According to Mike Roach, DeSahun White will stay with aggy if Chavis is retained, otherwise it will be Texas. Said Texas has moved into the #2 spot and he hasn't heard from ou in the past week.

I doubt Chavis is kept on as the DC. Usually a new coach wants to choose his own coordinators.

Chavis will likely end up being a free agent. OU has to be getting nervous the longer this one goes. They where in a strong spot following his visit. 

14 hours ago, Hookemfan91 said:

May this be a hiring splash, I’ll go with Brewster for $200

Jamison Tweet.....friend, same team...Cook                   plus Bimage Tweet on splash   (Houston)

or Brewster will be hired by Texas

Here is what a mod on another is saying about Terry Wilson, the JUCO QB that a lot of people are noticing and talking about.

As for Texas, the way it was described to me is that Texas "has been looming as a potential option from what I've heard," but it sounds like Nebraska and Kentucky have a commanding lead right now.

9 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Here is what a mod on another is saying about Terry Wilson, the JUCO QB that a lot of people are noticing and talking about.

As for Texas, the way it was described to me is that Texas "has been looming as a potential option from what I've heard," but it sounds like Nebraska and Kentucky have a commanding lead right now.

I realize we had had a rough run past 8 or so years but why the hell would it even be a decision between Nebraska,Kentucky and Texas. Obviously Nebraska cuz The coach  but still embarrassing to me

31 minutes ago, HORNfromETX said:

JUCO OL Mikey Grandy set an OV to UCLA this weekend.

And picks are coming in for him.  Let's see if he makes it next weekend as planned.

@Daniel Seahorn what up with Tommy busch.. believe that’s the kid.  Thought couple months ago he was about to pull the trigger but his dad stopped him.... well I haven’t heard that name in aWhile. I been missing it or did he choose a different path after all?

1 hour ago, okiehorn said:

@Daniel Seahorn what up with Tommy busch.. believe that’s the kid.  Thought couple months ago he was about to pull the trigger but his dad stopped him.... well I haven’t heard that name in aWhile. I been missing it or did he choose a different path after all?

Don’t think Texas takes another WR unless it’s Waddle or Marshall and I don’t see either of them happening. 

9 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Jason Suchomel reported earlier that Arizona Western OT Jahmir Johnson will take an OV to Texas on the 15th. With UCLA in the mix for Grandy and Traore off the board.. Johnson just became an even bigger priority. 

If we can't sell this guy on coming in and replacing a 1st round pick then IDK what can be done.

Daniel, do you still expect Grandy to take his OV next weekend?

I'm betting Elbert gets an offer now.

1 minute ago, CoachEmUp64 said:

I saw TFB say they reaffirmed with Amari Gainer and he was for sure going to come this weekend. When I thought I saw on twitter he was shutting things down and staying with FSU. That who your talking about slimer?

No this is from IT.  Also said they'd reveal the name once he arrives on campus.

10 hours ago, Slimer said:

If we can't sell this guy on coming in and replacing a 1st round pick then IDK what can be done.

Daniel, do you still expect Grandy to take his OV next weekend?

I'm betting Elbert gets an offer now.

Sorry I’m just now seeing this. Been a busy day or so for me. I’m not sure if Grandy will visit or not. I imagine UCLA is going to do their best to get him on the boat prior to him leaving to campus. Probably best for them that he doesn’t see Austin.,