Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Will Baizer

2018 Recruiting Board/Thread

48 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Oh, I'd say we're represented in that locker room just fine. I'll leave it at that.

The last we tried to get out of there, Murray and Little, we were fighting things that were not normal circumstances.

Their current QB likes us a lot and wanted an offer during an earlier visit to the 40. We're also after their WR, Theo Weise. 

When was the last highly rated Allen HS player to be signed by Texas?  I think it was some tall WR (cant remember his name) like 7-8 years ago.  

I live in Allen and there has always been a bias towards the ags in years past.

40 minutes ago, DMAC said:

When was the last highly rated Allen HS player to be signed by Texas?  I think it was some tall WR (cant remember his name) like 7-8 years ago.  

I just PM'd you.

Little went to Ole Miss. Murray almost came to Texas despite his pops being a big time aggy.

12 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I just PM'd you.

Little went to Ole Miss. Murray almost came to Texas despite his pops being a big time aggy.

SHA, so the 18th commitment got pushed back I’m gonna assume? 

2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Their current QB likes us a lot and wanted an offer during an earlier visit to the 40. We're also after their WR, Theo Weise. 

Don't think Wease comes here.  Doesn't seem like he has much interest in Texas and he was at OU last week throwing  the Horns down a lot.  Seems like we could have Tisdale if we offered/push but who knows with Rojo committed and taking 2 QB's this year.

26 minutes ago, Slimer said:

Don't think Wease comes here.  Doesn't seem like he has much interest in Texas and he was at OU last week throwing  the Horns down a lot.  Seems like we could have Tisdale if we offered/push but who knows with Rojo committed and taking 2 QB's this year.

Tisdale is a fine QB. He does nothing spectacular. He's just efficient and disciplined. There's value in that. But I don't think he's going to supplant even RoJo here. I would take the schollie and go with an OL instead. With two QB in this class and 1 in the next on already, we can afford to get another OL or DL instead.

3 hours ago, DMAC said:

Dan Buckner I believe is the name you are looking for. 

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Tisdale is a fine QB. He does nothing spectacular. He's just efficient and disciplined. There's value in that. But I don't think he's going to supplant even RoJo here. I would take the schollie and go with an OL instead. With two QB in this class and 1 in the next on already, we can afford to get another OL or DL instead.

The lines of communication are still open with Tisdale. We shall see what happens there. 

4 hours ago, DMAC said:

The wife knows someone who is "still" very, very close to the football "administration" folks and they definitely confirm that there has been and still is an aggie bias in Allen. 

36 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

The wife knows someone who is "still" very, very close to the football "administration" folks and they definitely confirm that there has been and still is an aggie bias in Allen. 

Even after that aggy architect screwed up their stadium? aggy being aggy

1 hour ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Aggy is firmly implanted in East Texas. This is true in Daingerfield, where I grew up. A majority of the administration and faculty are aggy.

Steven Edmond never considered aggy, despite having a number of people in his ear.

And when he signed with Texas, those aggy faculty and admins were happy that one of their kids was going to play D1 ball.

In other words, yes, there is influence in some places. Most often, it doesn't make a difference in the end. 

1 hour ago, tejasrulz said:

Even after that aggy architect screwed up their stadium? aggy being aggy

McKinney has a big one going up right now. Very impressive. Field is sunken so I haven't seen the complete thing yet. But it reminds of a roman coliseum.

9 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

McKinney has a big one going up right now. Very impressive. Field is sunken so I haven't seen the complete thing yet. But it reminds of a roman coliseum.

Are the aggies messing this one up as well?