Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Will Baizer

2018 Recruiting Board/Thread

23 minutes ago, drgilbert said:

Per TFB Marshall will make his decision on December 22. Wherever he picks his family will move with him. The visit was the best he’s had. He is excited about the class TH is bringing in. It sounds promising. 

Herman's next move with Marshall

41204132d1dd12e09f20a58c2e5b6e37.gif

3 hours ago, drgilbert said:

Per TFB Marshall will make his decision on December 22. Wherever he picks his family will move with him. The visit was the best he’s had. He is excited about the class TH is bringing in. It sounds promising. 

Must be nice to be able to do that lol. They must be there own boss or not afraid of having to look elsewhere. Don’t get me wrong I’m jealous! They’ll be welcomed to the 40 acres. 

31 minutes ago, okiehorn said:

So @Daniel Seahorn or anyone that may know. How’s this T Marshall compare to say Jaylen waddle that we are missing on it seems or even guys we got Moore etc. he a serious show stopper? Gonna have to look into him

I'm not Daniel and I look forward to his response, but, I don't consider Marshall to be a slot, which is where we'd use Waddle if we were going to get him.

Moore is a serious showstopper. We're okay at the slot as long as we hang on to Moore.

Marshall is a true wide out. He's a 5-star for a reason, he's very good at being a wide out. Very fluid, has nice size and decent speed and great hands. I would compare him to Collin Johnson, but better hands and more aggressive to the ball.

20 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I'm not Daniel and I look forward to his response, but, I don't consider Marshall to be a slot, which is where we'd use Waddle if we were going to get him.

Moore is a serious showstopper. We're okay at the slot as long as we hang on to Moore.

Marshall is a true wide out. He's a 5-star for a reason, he's very good at being a wide out. Very fluid, has nice size and decent speed and great hands. I would compare him to Collin Johnson, but better hands and more aggressive to the ball.

That SHA. Was exactly what I was wondering. I’d be okay with another Collin Johnson any day!

21 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Not much more I can add here that SHA already said. Terrace Marshall is a better version of Collin Johnson and projects to outside WR, while Waddle is more Christian Kirk and will likely make his money in slot. Both of these guys have the talent and ability to be game changers and will be contributors early in their careers. 

as much attention as we get for the skill players, it's perplexing why we don't get as many of the big bodies looking at us.  there's plenty of need and the lack of depth should attract.

3 minutes ago, Rotty22 said:

as much attention as we get for the skill players, it's perplexing why we don't get as many of the big bodies looking at us.  there's plenty of need and the lack of depth should attract.

There's a ton of quality skill players across the state this year. Even though we've raked in so many already, there are a ton of 4-star and high 3-star talent that we'll never even hear their name.

OL and DL this year are slim pickings. Cycle is going to change next year when we have an abundance of OL/DL talent in state.

Just now, Sirhornsalot said:

OL and DL this year are slim pickings. Cycle is going to change next year when we have an abundance of OL/DL talent in state.

And we better not screw it up either.

1 minute ago, Slimer said:

Don't see the big deal with Hines.  Hudl is just "meh" IMO.  Ogre can keep him.  We should be trying every way possible to get Daniel Carson.

I'm not real crazy about Carson. And I've tried to be. Just nothing exciting there, IMO.

Landry is a better player though he needs to put on size. There was a decommit today from a high ranked DL. Can't remember his name tho.

I'd like to see us use the schollies the wisest way possible, not just to get some numbers. Heck, if Waddle called in the 11th hour, I'd take him.