Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Will Baizer

2018 Recruiting Board/Thread

29 minutes ago, CharcoalPuppy said:

I doubt he commits to us.  We're loaded at WR right now in this class.

We still have a slot position open. If not Waddle, then the Julio kid from Judson will end up there. Tommy Bush might also be that guy.

24 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

With him being an early enrollee I think Texas just wanted as late of a visit as possible and this was the compromise. LSU was probably always going to get the last visit. 

Ah OK , I didn't think of it that way. 

Rondale is most likely staying close to home and is looking hard at Missouri. Good thing because I read that enrollment at Missouri has fallen off so bad they are renting out dorm rooms for football weekends.....seriously.

1 hour ago, CharcoalPuppy said:

Think they've brought up this scenario with Waddle ?

I wish I could put my finger on it, but Waddle has just been tough to figure out. Either way, he likes Texas fine but there's something there that keeps him looking elsewhere. Staff has thrown the kitchen sink at him. Not much movement in any direction as a result.

Waddle has the top programs from all over in his ear.

We heated things up with Waddle as soon as we learned Rondale was being courted by Purdue. There are connections there between the two parties. I've expected a decommit from him for the past two weeks. I think RM is just waiting to see how things play out for Purdue this year. The B'makers are playing better than their usual selves this year.

We also had a couple new names pop up on the screen in the slot and now, Daniel tells us Tommy Bush will UOV for Okie Lite. So, when you see new movement at a position you can kinda figure something is going on with someone already on board.

Luckily, thats not happening so much and RM is still aboard – thanks largely to the way we've been playing.

Random thought – I don't like TCU. TCU negative recruits like its nobody's business. Its happening right now. I don't like TCU.

Put another way , . . . Kate Beckinsale is getting pretty ticked off at Patterson.

Regarding Waddle and Rondale,

We have Reggie Hemphill-Mapps and I would rather have Reggie over either of those guys. 

Yea I know both RM and Waddle are potential NFL players but I know Reggie will be.  Hes just a freshman to boot.  

29 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Random thought – I don't like TCU. TCU negative recruits like its nobody's business. Its happening right now. I don't like TCU.

Put another way , . . . Kate Beckinsale is getting pretty ticked off at Patterson.

Listen it's like this...  Texas knows they gotta keep producing wins and keep the momentum going. As long as they do this AND the croots are watching this .. who gives a flying airline first class shrimp eating cocktail drinking f"""k what TCU says

41 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

You would think Patterson wouldn’t do that, but I guess he feels he needs too.

11 minutes ago, HORNfromETX said:

I think EJ Holland wrote something about TCU negative recruiting. Then the TCU recruiting guy went off about it. 

Well, there is one way to stop it...for UT to beat the living crap out of them this year in their house.  No more negative recruiting.  That team has been the biggest thorn to UT in recent years.  

Perfect weekend to me would be a UT win over OU, ATM loss at FLA, and  a TCU loss at KState.