Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Will Baizer

2018 Recruiting Board/Thread

Last night, Jaylen Waddle released his top six which included: Texas, TAMU, Alabama, Oregon, TCU and Florida State.

Waddle took a visit to Texas last weekend for the San Jose State game. Following the visit I spoke with someone close to Waddle and was told that Texas was running around third place on the list with Alabama appearing to be the current leader. I’ll be reaching out to my source to see if things changed for the better after the performance at USC. – (Super K)

http://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2017/09/open-post-monday-august-18th/

2 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Anthony Cook will officially visit Texas on September 29th. Texas plays ISU on Thursday that week, so there won't be a game for him to see. 

First reported by Jason Suchomel of Orangebloods. 

I actually like that.  He can spend lots of time with the coaches and players without the distraction of game prep and gameday.  I know a game has the pageantry and acivities, but this could have a more personal touch.  Still think it's a longshot.

1 hour ago, texbound said:

I actually like that.  He can spend lots of time with the coaches and players without the distraction of game prep and gameday.  I know a game has the pageantry and acivities, but this could have a more personal touch.  Still think it's a longshot.

Unless you lose to Iowa State on Thursday.

5 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Unless you lose to Iowa State on Thursday.

I wanted to say Bite your tongue. But I actually think DMAC's response is much more appropriate

Cam Rising: Spoke with a source close to Texas QB commit, Cam Rising (Newbury Park, CA) and I have been told that Rising will take an official visit to Arizona State this weekend.

This shouldn’t be a cause for concern though. Source also said that Rising is fully locked in to Texas and is, in fact recruiting for Texas. As a quarterback, I’ll give you three guesses who his number one target is but you’ll only need one and it reminds with Raylen Maddle.

Don’t be surprised to see Rising take a few more visits but again, this appears to be more like we are seeing with guys like Ayodele and a few other commits who just want to enjoy the process. – (Super K)

Maureese Wren: As I mentioned yesterday, Texas has begun taking some interesting in 6’3 220 lb Arkansas ATH commit, Maureese Wren (Mesquite, TX). The Horns are looking at Wren as a possible linebacker offer.

Yesterday Wren spoke with player personnel director, Derek Chang. Wren and Chang spoke about the recruiting process and Texas’ offer process. Wren also tells me that Texas plans to have coach Todd Orlando get out to a game in the next week to see Wren in person. – (Super K)

Team Note | QB Reps: We know the official position coming out of the program is that Shane and Sam are splitting first team reps with more than half being taken by Shane.

Speaking to a source, I’m told that Sam is actually taking more of the first team reps right now. Now, this could simply be an indication that Shane is still not taking as many total reps as Sam but it definitely sounds like the staff is trying to make sure both quarterbacks are getting first team looks.

As such, whether Shane is healthy or not, it’s probably anyone’s guess who starts against Iowa State. – (Andrew)

Badara Traore: As expected, Texas is going to look at the JUCO ranks for some help on the offensive line. In case you missed it, Texas offered JUCO OT, Badara Traore (ASA College). Hope to have more with him later.

http://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2017/09/open-post-wednesday-september-20th/

I think he meant "rhymes" instead of "reminds".  So Rising is recruiting Jaylen Waddle. :)

As a quarterback, I’ll give you three guesses who his number one target is but you’ll only need one and it reminds with Raylen Maddle.