Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Will Baizer

2018 Recruiting Board/Thread

4 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Had heard that the Purdue staff had some ins in the area, but didn't figure anything would truly come of it. Heard just before kickoff that a flip could happen soon. 

This just dented post game euphoria

4 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Had heard that the Purdue staff had some ins in the area, but didn't figure anything would truly come of it. Heard just before kickoff that a flip could happen soon. 

Eh it's early, but the hell would someone want to go to Purdue 

Terrance Marshall of Parkway has a broken leg and messed up ankle and is done for the season. FYI

First Rogers, now Marshall,  .. Parkway has had some tough breaks.

Daniel, I hear Perkins was posting OU stuff while on his Texas visit. Have you seen any of it?

4 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Terrance Marshall of Parkway has a broken leg and messed up ankle and is done for the season. FYI

Daniel, I hear Perkins was posting OU stuff while on his Texas visit. Have you seen any of it?

I don't know near as much as you all about much of anything but unless we beat ou ass then it's going o be really hard to recruit against them when recruits see a top 5 team and UT 8 wins if we play well. But maybe they'll see that's a turn around and Texas football trending up. One can only hope. 

7 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

If he did I didn't see it. 

3 minutes ago, noonan05 said:

Moore and Waddle trending away from us.

Not good considering I think the slot guys are our biggest weakness right now 

Big W this weekend can change all this. Herman may have lost to Maryland but he didn't lose his recruiting ability. Luckily Feb is long ways out 

– Rondale Moore: Texas’ slot WR need in the 2018 class is filled by Trinity (KY) WR Rondale Moore. He’s only 5’8 175 pounds, but he’s also one of the most electrifying players in the nation. But there have been some rumblings about the strength of his Texas commitment, so I talked to some people close to him.

I was told the fact that Texas struggled in week 1 had an impact, but that hasn’t really been the cause of him reconsidering his commitment. The factor that has an impact for a lot of out of state recruits, is weighing on Moore. That factor is the distance to home. Texas is more than a 15 hour drive from his hometown, and the main school that could flip him in Purdue is only three hours away.

Yes, that may be a surprise that Purdue could be the school that pulls him away from Texas, but there’s another factor in play here. Purdue HC Jeff Bhrom was a HS QB legend at Moore’s HS back in the day. So people around the school and the area love Bhrom. Purdue was also the school recruiting Moore the hardest when he made his commitment to Texas.

Obviously winning can help Texas here, but I think getting him on campus again will go a long way in reselling things. – (Andrew)

http://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2017/09/open-post-tuesday-september-12th/

Also On Caden Sterns

Caden is very articulate. When I asked him his thought on the Maryland game he said “I just saw a new team. Like I’ve said before, you can’t build Rome in a day. When people expected Tom Herman and that team to go out there and turn on – it doesn’t work like that. It’s a process. Those people who said that they shouldn’t go out there and lose to Maryland – they don’t know football. I saw a good team. They beat themselves. And when they beat themselves Maryland made plays. Maryland is a good squad. It was just blown coverages and missed tackles… Just mental mistakes. It is what it is and when you play good teams like that they’ll make you pay.”

Rumor on the gagem board is that O'Neal may be wavering.  Lulz at the thought of an aggy meltdown if he jumps ship.  Get your popcorn ready when Rumlin is canned.  Also DeShaun White is visiting OU this weekend.

14 minutes ago, Slimer said:

Rumor on the gagem board is that O'Neal may be wavering.  Lulz at the thought of an aggy meltdown if he jumps ship.  Get your popcorn ready when Rumlin is canned.  Also DeShaun White is visiting OU this weekend.

Wouldn't mind going after White, I like him a linebacker.

4 hours ago, Slimer said:

I'm surprised Texas hasn't offered White. No comment on O'Neal.