Join Our Community

Do you bleed Burnt Orange? Come talk about the Longhorns! Registration is FREE and EASY!

franchise_quest_new.jpg

“HORN†In On Franchise / Business Ownership

…a monthly post with blurbs, links, and other words-of-wisdom

regarding self-employment; career transition;

and franchise / business ownership;

as well as information for business owners

who may be interested in franchising their business.

APRIL 2016

ENTREPRENEURSHIP

Is Living A Few Years Of Your

Life Like Most People Won’t,

So That You Can Spend The

Rest Of Your Life Like

Most People Can’t.

-Unknown-

If You’re Not Happy, You’re Not Successful—So Enjoy the Journey!

By Steve Rizzo

March 23, 2016

Here’s something to consider. Let’s say your goal is to become a vice president of a big company. After many years of intense stress, worry and an avalanche of emotional, mental and physical overload, you finally achieve your goal, along with all the wealth and prestige that comes with it. Is this success?  

If you consult a dictionary, the answer would be yes. Webster’s Dictionary defines success like this: 1. The favorable or prosperous termination of attempts or endeavors. 2. The attainment of wealth, position, honors, or the like. I think it’s amazing that the words “happy†or “happiness†or “joy†are not included in the definition of the word “success.†

Unfortunately, our conventional definition of success is simply achieving the goal. Not enough emphasis is placed on the value of experiencing and enjoying the journey, building character and learning life lessons along the way.

Here is a hypothetical question. What if someone were to show you a video of yourself as you climbed the ladder to great success? In this video, you see yourself achieving all of your goals and obtaining wealth. During this entire process, however, you also witness how you subjected your body, mind and spirit to intense negative energy along the way. 

Not only were you unhappy most of the time, but you were able to see how your outright refusal to allow for joy during the process affected your family, friends, associates and your overall well-being. Talk about a downer of a movie.

I’ll ask you the question again. Is this success? Here’s the answer: No!

I really want you to get this…. If the process of fulfilling your goal is polluted with negative energy and lack of enjoyment, it can only create more unhappiness, even if the outcome is positive in the short term. The happiness that you feel in the moment of reaching “success†is a temporary state dictated by its conventional definition. After the initial euphoria wears off, you are back in the same old negative place, because you’ve carried that same old negative mindset with you.

The truth is, it really doesn’t matter how much money you have, or how famous you are, or how many goals you’ve achieved. It makes no difference how big your house is or what industry accolades you’ve racked up in your career. The entire world can view your life as the ultimate success story, but the bottom line is this: If you are not happy, you are not successful! If you are not enjoying yourself on your journey toward your goal, you’re ripping yourself off. Trust me. There are enough people willing to do that for you. 

The adventure toward any goal is what brings value to it. The path toward the goal is where your life unfolds and happiness is truly meaningful. When you are in the process of working to achieve something, you are experiencing who you are and what you’re made of. Your character is being tested and molded. 

When you become aware of the importance of every step in the process, you are sending a message to yourself, as well as the entire universe, that you are not only here, but qualified and ready to overcome obstacles along the way. All of which are essential ingredients for success and happiness.

There is absolutely no reason why you can’t make a conscious choice to experience and enjoy yourself on the journey toward the goal. If you do, you will no doubt have a profound appreciation of how you earned it. In my view, that’s the ultimate success. If you make this “common-sense success strategy†a habit, it will transform your life.

If you aren’t happy with your job; career; or professional direction, perhaps you aren’t doing what you were meant to do.  If so, start controlling your destiny and Do What You Were Meant To Do

After spending 25 years in corporate America, I faced the same dilemma.   Will You Become A Refugee Of Corporate America… It’s Not A Question Of If, It’s When… MY STORY

Have a job you don’t like?  Seek other employment…I call that “Changing Your Curtainsâ€.  Perhaps, you prefer a bolder approach which may provide a new and invigorating work-life…I refer to that as “Changing Your Viewâ€.  In 2001, I decided to “Change My Viewâ€.  If you are ready…Let’s Talk.  I can help you “Change Your View†too…

Would this scenario be of interest and value to you…a process where you receive assistance to help you better identify your goals, financial requirements, lifestyle needs and what you would like for your work-life to look like; then provided information on self-employment options and guidance on exploring these opportunities within the confines of a safe and no-obligation environment?   

"The Great Risk In Life Is To Wait And Depend

Upon Others For Your Own Security".

-Denis Waitley-

Small / medium size business owners:

Would you like to grow your business by franchising.

Don't Just Change Your Curtains... Change Your View. I DidMy Story

Franchise Opportunity Knocks

Self-employment Beckons

Start answering the call right here.

News you can use to help you find

The right franchise / business opportunity for you.

To receive free and no-obligation monthly newsletter, which contains articles with general information self-employment, career transition, business ownership… more specific information on franchise and business opportunity (“Biz-opsâ€) options; as well as interesting concepts, or special deals, complete and submit Subscription Form

MARCH Newsletter is available for viewing by clicking on the link below:

FranchiseQuestLibraryMarch 2016.pdf

Passing Your Business and Wealth to Your Next Generation, Plus  Featured Concepts...Franchises; and Business Opportunities

Note:  This month's newsletter; 2016 newsletters; as well as copies of 2015 newsletters can be viewed by going to the Franchise Quest Website.  Click on the Website link below, or go to: 

http://www.franchise-quest.com

Resource Center > Newsletter

$1,000 Referral Bonus $1,000

Additional Information Is Available at Franchise Quest

If you would like to visit, please don’t be shy about reaching out…

I’m a coach, not a sales person.

Hook 'em. 

Larry S. Powell
Franchise Quest
210-479-2491
Outside San Antonio: 888-479-2491 

franchisequest@sbcglobal.net

MBHORNSFAN, thanks for your question.  Some folks will not explore and / or pursue business ownership because of the investment involved.  But, I have found the biggest obstacle to self-employment / business ownership for many business owner wannabes is they can't slay the beast called "FUD".   Additionally, too many people fail to understand The Insecurity of J-O-B Security    

Thanks.

Hook 'em.