Join Our Community

Do you bleed Burnt Orange? Come talk about the Longhorns! Registration is FREE and EASY!
Sign in to follow this  
joeywa

***Texas vs TCU Official Thursday Game Thread***

It's game day. An odd Thursday start for a three-game set due to Easter.

We'll be here with starting lineups, etc in a bit.

I know it's only the opening series of Big 12 play and I hate to be hyperbole but this series is HUGE. I think it will determine where this team goes this season.

no doubt. If we win a series against a Top-10 team, suddenly there's hope. Lose 2 and we're still in the ditch. Get swept? Cue Dandy Don...turn out the lights, the party's over.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the team will be focused and ready this weekend. I also think that every series this season will be huge. That happens when you enter conference play under .500. We need em all, so to speak. ;)

Notes:

Baker out indefinitely due to stress fracture in his foot.

Rand could be back as soon as tonight if he's cleared by the doctors. His progress has been good per Augie.

Mayes will be coming out of the pen, possibly in a closer-type role.

You think some of our mistakes are boneheaded....check this out.

Um, sorry Cespedes, but that's not a dead ball in any ballpark. :)

I have a sneaking suspicion that the team will be focused and ready this weekend. I also think that every series this season will be huge. That happens when you enter conference play under .500. We need em all, so to speak. ;)

sure they're all huge in conference. But a series win vs TCU will have a different feel than beating Kansas.

B2 cont; Kacy on 1B; SS & 2B collide on the last play, guys are all OK

TCU wearing all gray tonight with purple caps, socks, belts and black spikes

Boswell

Checks runner

1-0 shows bunt

1-1 shows bunt, pulls back, takes a strike

SAC Bunt 5-4; 1 out

B2 cont; Kacy on 2B; 1 out

Texas wearing white pants, burnt orange jerseys, under sleeves, socks & belts, white caps black spikes

Cantu

0-1 take

0-2 bender finds the bottom of the zone

1-2 down

2-2 just misses away

KS; 2 outs