Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Bear19

Oh Aggy, Part Deux

3 hours ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

I know, right?

Doc's son-in-law has brainwashed him. There's nothing cool about the aggy culture or most aggy. ;)

But, aggy does have a top-shelf vet school.

http://aggypedia.com/wiki/Where_aggy_gets_it_right

I remember that department. When the US invaded Afghanistan, a couple dozen corps members broke into aggy vet school building and kidnapped a few Afghan hounds, held them at gunpoint. There were only minimal casualties.

9 hours ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

I know, right?

Doc's son-in-law has brainwashed him. There's nothing cool about the aggy culture or most aggy. ;)

But, aggy does have a top-shelf vet school.

http://aggypedia.com/wiki/Where_aggy_gets_it_right

My daughter as well.  Nah, I can't be brainwashed about the aggy culture.  And most of you are but youngsters and have no idea how insidious the aggy Corps has been in shaping the culture of that woe begotten bunch of goobers.

14 minutes ago, doc longhorn said:

My daughter as well.  Nah, I can't be brainwashed about the aggy culture.  And most of you are but youngsters and have no idea how insidious the aggy Corps has been in shaping the culture of that woe begotten bunch of goobers.

Not me.

5 hours ago, primal defense said:

How long will it take for Texas vs. Texas A&M to return to the gridiron?

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2018/02/10/long-will-take-texas-vs-texas-am-return-gridiron

If they ask me, I say never.

IMO, it was a blessing to get rid of them and distance ourselves from that association. There is no "win" in beating aggy. When we do and most of the time we do – we're supposed to. If we don't – the world is on fire.

We so soon forget the pathetic way they left our conference and stuck their finger in our eye on the way out.

F aggy.

Anyone else think of Jimmy Buffet's Pirate Looks At 40 when Johnny Football is discussed?

But I've done a bit of smugglin'
I've run my share of grass
Made enough money to buy Miami
But I pissed it away so fast
Never meant to last
Never meant to last

I have been drunk now for over two weeks
Passed out and I rallied and I sprung a few leaks
But I've got to stop wishin', got to go fishin'
I'm down to rock bottom again.
Just a few friends, Just a few friends

1 hour ago, tejasrulz said:

Anyone else think of Jimmy Buffet's Pirate Looks At 40 when Johnny Football is discussed?

But I've done a bit of smugglin'
I've run my share of grass
Made enough money to buy Miami
But I pissed it away so fast
Never meant to last
Never meant to last

I have been drunk now for over two weeks
Passed out and I rallied and I sprung a few leaks
But I've got to stop wishin', got to go fishin'
I'm down to rock bottom again.
Just a few friends, Just a few friends

NO!!!

My wife threw me a Buffett themed surprise party for my 40th, her present to me was a personalized autographed pic of him.  One of my buddies called Radio Margaritaville and asked them to dedicate A Pirate Looks at 40 to me and at midnight the DJ dedicated it... "This song goes out to Andy Williams and all the other pirates turning 40 today..."  I can't let jff's image pop into my head when I hear that song and, being a UTParothed, I hear that song a LOT.

2 hours ago, utparothed said:

NO!!!

My wife threw me a Buffett themed surprise party for my 40th, her present to me was a personalized autographed pic of him.  One of my buddies called Radio Margaritaville and asked them to dedicate A Pirate Looks at 40 to me and at midnight the DJ dedicated it... "This song goes out to Andy Williams and all the other pirates turning 40 today..."  I can't let jff's image pop into my head when I hear that song and, being a UTParothed, I hear that song a LOT.

Hey, I love Buffett myself and that song is one of my favs by him. It's just the line " Made enough money to buy Miami, But I pissed it away so fast" is exactly what JFF did.

15 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Yeah, but . . . 

Great song!!!  This is the song that both of my boys went to sleep to every night from the time they came home from the hospital until they were about 10 or so.  Also the song that was playing when my oldest was born. 

51 minutes ago, utparothed said:

Great song!!!  This is the song that both of my boys went to sleep to every night from the time they came home from the hospital until they were about 10 or so.  Also the song that was playing when my oldest was born. 

yeah, I love that song. Too bad we can't all sing along. lol