Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!

franchise_quest_new.jpg

“HORN†In On Franchise / Business Ownership

…a monthly post with blurbs, links, and other words-of-wisdom

regarding self-employment; career transition;

and franchise / business ownership;

as well as information for business owners

who may be interested in franchising their business.

JANUARY  2016

ENTREPRENEURSHIP

Is Living A Few Years Of Your

Life Like Most People Won’t,

So That You Can Spend The

Rest Of Your Life Like

Most People Can’t.

-Unknown-

Would You Want To Work For...You?
                                           By Jack Welch
                                                October 26, 2015

Over the past 15 years, I’ve held Q&A sessions with over a million people at more than a thousand events around the world. In all but a handful of these events, people bring up their bosses – and vent about them. This topic comes up without fail, no matter where I am, or what industry or company I’m speaking to.

The troubles range from, “My boss is too difficult and demanding†to “My boss doesn’t really care about me, it’s all about her†to “I’ve been busting my butt and my boss just doesn’t recognize my performance -- he feels that everyone is equally wonderful†to “There’s no focus on how much you do, it’s who you know.†I can’t think of a lament I haven’t heard.

The basic question is the same… People want to know what they should do in these situations. “I just can’t stand it. Do I quit? Do I ask for a transfer?â€...“Do I go above the boss to his or her boss?†Or “Am I just plain stuck with this guy?â€

For years, I’ve tried to give advice ranging from, “Stick it out with a set of goals for a defined period of time before you jump†to “Going to the boss’s boss is almost always a fast way to lose†to “Try to open up a good, candid but non-incriminating conversation with your boss . . . Coming in from the side – not head on.†Despite having offered just about every possible answer for relief, more often than not, I haven’t satisfied the unhappy employee.

Several months ago, I came up with what I think is the better answer, as far as career development is concerned. I’ve turned the question back on the questioner, by asking a new question that might prove helpful, not only in their current situation but going forward – a question, I hope, will help more people become better bosses in the process:

WOULD YOU WANT TO WORK FOR . . . YOU?

Yes, it takes a certain threshold of self-awareness to recognize your own flaws, but you should see the look on people’s faces when they stop to honestly think through their own leadership characteristics. The self-confident, self-aware person, upon reflection, seems to really respond to this question. The follow up reception I have received has been incredibly positive, demonstrated by the emails and letters from people in the audiences who found this exercise really useful. Many of them had taken the chance to spend some quiet time reflecting on both their strengths and their flaws -- and, from their notes, appeared open to dealing with their weaknesses in order to become stronger, more effective leaders. Leaders who people want to follow.

I was hoping that maybe others would benefit from wrestling with that same introspective question.

“WOULD YOU WANT TO WORK FOR . . . YOU?â€

**************************************************************************************************************************************
Perhaps you are in an intolerable employment situation and would like to work for…YOU.  Today, many people dread going to work.  It is estimated that as many as 80% of the working population is dissatisfied with their jobs.  For these folks, going to work is a chore.   Did you know the average person will spend over 90,000 hours at work over their lifetime?   Wow, that’s a long time to be unhappy. 

Oliver Wendell Holmes once said, “The great thing in this world is not so much where you stand, as in what direction you are moving.†Are you allowing your professional life to wander aimlessly, or stand still? Do you dislike your corporate job, but don’t know how to find your real niche in life? Maybe you are ready for a change, ready to live life to its fullest or ready to take control of your future. Can you continue to do what you are doing now at the same intensity for the next 10, 20, or 30 years? Do you really want to? Perhaps you have the perfect job and perfect life, but do you have a back-up plan if the unthinkable happens? There is no security, except what you create for yourself. Owning your own business may provide the opportunity for you to reach your goals. Buying a franchise has proven to be a great vehicle for thousands of people to effectively transition into a new industry and self-employment with an improved quality of life, while becoming a master of their destiny.

A window of opportunity won't open itself....

"The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it".

-The Wolf of Wall Street-

Every year, thousands of people dream of owning a business and are drawn to the independence, flexibility and freedom of being self-employed. The job market as we have known it continues to change, so people are retooling their vision of how they will make a living in the years to come. This is driving people of all ages and career types to pursue self-employment options, including small business ownership as the “new†career of choice. Today, creating your own job has become the new path to job security. 

Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit? Are you thinking about exploring your self-employment... business / franchise ownership dream? Are you an "entrepreneur" trapped in a corporate America body and work-life?  If so, contact me. There is no obligation and there is never a cost for my service. You have nothing to lose, except perhaps "the opportunity" that is just for you.

Would this scenario be of interest and value to you…a process where you receive assistance to help you better identify your goals, financial requirements, lifestyle needs and what you would like for your work-life to look like; then provided information on self-employment options and guidance on exploring these opportunities within the confines of a safe and no-obligation environment?   Remember, a window of opportunity won’t open itself…

To receive free and no-obligation monthly newsletter, which contains articles with general information self-employment, career transition, business ownership… more specific information on franchise and business opportunity (“Biz-opsâ€) options; as well as interesting concepts, or special deals, complete and submit Subscription Form

FEATURED CONCEPT.... Sports Marketing… This home-based franchise will provide you the opportunity to own a sports marketing business. Limited exclusive territories are now available throughout the nation.

From Schools & Colleges to Little Leagues - from Park & Rec Departments to Private Organizations, here is your chance to help fund their programs and replace their outdated equipment through customized marketing programs. All of this, while building a successful business that you can be proud of.

If you love sports and always wanted to own your own business, now is the perfect time to take that step. There is no better way for local, regional and national businesses to contact with their demographics than at the community level.

The sponsorship world has had a "trickle down" effect from being a major part of the professional sports leagues to the college level (March Madness, The Bowl Championship Series, etc.) to the communities across the nation where they can make the most impact on everyday consumers.

As a franchise owner, will capitalize on this ever-growing trend to partner those athletic programs with the businesses that can help them.  From Equipment (scoreboards, score tables, wall padding, etc.) to Capital Projects - from Revenue-Generating Programs to Event Management, this franchise is able to help.

As many schools and organizations across the country face massive budget cuts, one constant remains the same - athletic and grassroots programs are usually the first to get hit. Those organizations face the daily chore of doing more with less because there isn't anything left in the budget. In addition, the lack of funds forces coaches and organizers to initiate "pay-to-play" policies or drop certain programs altogether. This franchise has developed a unique program that can help organizations nationwide to obtain the equipment they so desperately need and, in the process, generate much needed revenue for them.  Investment:  Grand Slam Territory… Investment:  $30,000.

The franchisor recently announced a new Flexible, Part-time Sports Marketing Franchise Option that is now available in most states at a lower cost of entry.  This new “Home Run†option is the perfect solution for anyone wanting to build a secondary income stream or for those ready for a career transition without having to leave their current employment. 

The investment in the lower tier franchise…Home Run Territory is only $14,000.

Note:  The Home Run option does not have a defined, EXCLUSIVE territory and while they can support, market, sell and aid in tournaments and events --- we don’t let Home Run franchisees HOST events because of the time commitment needed (and they’ve opted for the “part time†option).  There could be an exception made for any special cases though.

Both options have full use of and access to our brand, systems, software, materials, contracts, conferences, training and knowledge base.  In addition, both options can seek projects anywhere they wish (within reason) EXCEPT for inside another Franchisee’s Grand Slam territory.

Small / medium size business owners:

Would you like to grow your business by franchising.

Don't Just Change Your Curtains... Change Your View. I DidMy Story

Franchise Opportunity Knocks

Self-employment Beckons

Start answering the call right here.

News you can use to help you find

The right franchise / business opportunity for you.

Note:  Franchise Quest LIBRARY...monthly newsletter has been redesigned with a new look and format.

December  Newsletter is available for viewing by clicking on the link below:

FranchiseQuestLibrary December 2015.pdf

Featured Concepts...Franchises; and Business Opportunities

Note:  This month's newsletter; 2015 newsletters; as well as copies of 2014 newsletters can be viewed by going to the Franchise Quest Website.  Click on the Website link below, or go to: 

www.franchise-quest.com.

Resource Center> Newsletter

Subscribe to Newsletter...Submit Subscription Form

$1,000 Referral Bonus $1,000

Additional Information Is Available at Franchise Quest

If you would like to visit, please don’t be shy about reaching out…

I’m a coach, not a sales person.

Hook 'em.

Larry S. Powell
Franchise Quest
210-479-2491
Outside San Antonio: 888-479-2491 FREE
franchisequest@sbcglobal.net

My thanks to all...    I had my Thyroid surgically removed.  Doing okay.  Throat is sore from the breathing tube.  And, neck and throat ache from the surgery.  All lab work stuff was normal. Surprisingly, Creatinine and other kidney stuff was normal. Feel really tired, but I suppose that is from the surgery and will continue until my thyroid hormone is at the right level.  Took my first synthetic hormone pill this morning.  And, I think today I'm supposed to start eating TUMS for calcium in-take.  All-in-all doing good.

I don't know if Thyroid removal is a major surgery, but it is somewhat delicate.  The procedure took about three (3) hours. There is a lot of stuff in that area that shouldn't be cut or damaged...like the nerves to your Larynx.  The surgery went well...I can talk (voice is raspy.  Voice may return to normal in a couple weeks, or never) and breath.  Those are good outcomes.  So, doctor didn't damage the nerves to Larynx.  Doctor said the parathyroids didn't get severed and are still there. That is good too, since those little glands regulate the body's calcium level.   Also reported that preliminary biopsy and visual inspection did not reveal any cancer.  Pathologist will continue to take slices of the Thyroid to do a more comprehensive pathology check for cancer.

As you know, the hospital is not the place to go to get rest.  Every three (3) hours someone came in to take my temp and blood pressure...take blood, or tell me to piss in the urinal.  Totally impossible to get any restful sleep.  Glad to be home.

Thanks again for everyone's thoughts and prayers.  Hook 'em.