#21 Godz40acres

Godz40acres

Veteran

• Members
  • 725 posts
  • LocationSomewhere undetectable by the NSA
  • Longhorns

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:26 AM

Oh, please,  I am really tired of this.  Forgive my lack of tact, but last week I had to put my dog to sleep, and at the moment, students are calling me 'salty'.  By that they mean that I am not tolerating any of their bs, and they are right.  Here is my take.

I think we know, or should know, that Ty isn't a game breaker, and now he appears to toss balls into the stands out of frustration.  Screw that.  I'm not certain that anyone expects Jerrod Heard to be a 'game breaker ' as a redshirt freshman during Spring practice, but neither was VY or the illustrious Johnny F. Football.  Sophomore receivers as game breakers?  Please.  Charlie just signed his first class.  In the Fall, we may see something very different.  I think that I will wait to pass judgement.

I feel the same way about the defense, at least the ones that could play.  A number of them were on crutches or in casts.  Malik will be a star.  Let him finish his first semester in college before deciding if he is a game breaker or not.

Matt, thank you for the information.  I realize that you are simply reporting what you are told.  Texas fans can be very exasperating.

ja-va! ja-va! ja-va! java be salty!

• joeywa likes this

#22 java

java

Veteran

• Premium Members
  • 2,814 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Longhorns

Posted 29 April 2015 - 04:47 PM

:-)...I have been on a tear of late.  Whining is really annoying, particularly when people are relying on incomplete information.

• joeywa and CCausey11 like this
"We insist on playing defense at Texas."

#23 Sirhornsalot

Sirhornsalot

**The Official Horn Sports Landscaper and Landscape Designer**

• Sponsors
  • 8,103 posts
  • Longhorns

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:16 PM

Mark there is a narrative out there that Wickline is not really recruiting these kids with offers hard. If that's the case I'm not sure why the offer. Just doesn't seem like the way Charlie rolls. Again I'm not saying panic over the Andersons who are no sure bets, but perception is reality in a lot of cases, and perception (from other recruits) is that he's getting worked.

I'm not sure I was referring to a "narrative." Wick doesn't strike me as one who needs a narrative. That's just so political.

I agree, Charlie isn't political either.

I've already addressed "why the offer." If he hadn't offered, I'd be able to predict your next question. Why not the offer?

The guy I spoke with would not share a "narrative" with me. That wouldn't be worth his while.

As for the perception of recruits, they're young and I'd imagine things can look a number of ways to them. That's why they need adults.

#24 Mike Roach

Mike Roach

Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,758 posts
  • Longhorns

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:54 PM

The narrative is mostly out there among the fans as an excuse for failure. If he's not recruiting any of these kids that hard then who is he recruiting. I'm just saying I don't buy that narrative.

Senior Recruiting Analyst
@Mike_Hornsports
Mike1310@att.net

hssig.jpg

#25 java

java

Veteran

• Premium Members
  • 2,814 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Longhorns

Posted 02 May 2015 - 07:34 AM

Once again, I'll wait for results on the field.  Wickline has proven his worth as an talent evaluator, recruiter, and a coach time and again.  I will take that any day.  Of course, I am fairly certain this will be discussed until the next recruiting class is signed, but Wickline will deliver here.  I just don't see the point of discussing each recruit that decides to go to someplace else over and over.

You have to love the off season.

Hook 'em!

• hornag likes this

#26 doc longhorn

doc longhorn

V.I.P.

• Premium Members
  • 2,565 posts
  • LocationKaty, Texas
  • Longhorns

Posted 02 May 2015 - 08:40 PM

The coach that talked about Texas lacking explosive players is right on the money. 

And I've said it before, finishing last in the conference at the University of Texas in any sport should be grounds for automatic dismissal. Augie should have been gone a couple of years ago when that happened. 

Explosive players.  We all talk about them and how UT doesn't have them.  Got me to thinking - who does, in the Big 12?

Could make for an interesting thread - team by team.

#27 java

java

Veteran

• Premium Members
  • 2,814 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Longhorns

Posted 02 May 2015 - 10:13 PM

Ben Johnson is pretty explosive when someone pitches to him.  I suspect he gets a little lonely standing on second and third base.  If he will stay for his Senior year, I think Michael and Joe will be in a pretty good position to bring him home.  

Hook 'em!

#28 Throthefade

Throthefade

Deep Ball

• Premium Members
  • 340 posts
  • LocationH-Town
  • Longhorns

Posted 03 May 2015 - 03:04 PM

Look out for Keenan Murphy OL from Crosby...

• Mike Roach likes this

Don't be afraid To BEGREAT

#29 Mike Roach

Mike Roach

Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,758 posts
  • Longhorns

Posted 03 May 2015 - 09:49 PM

Look out for Keenan Murphy OL from Crosby...

Anything new coach?

Senior Recruiting Analyst
@Mike_Hornsports
Mike1310@att.net

hssig.jpg

#30 Throthefade

Throthefade

Deep Ball

• Premium Members
  • 340 posts
  • LocationH-Town
  • Longhorns

Posted 04 May 2015 - 10:05 AM

UT visited Crosby Friday. Supposed to be back soon.

Don't be afraid To BEGREAT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users