Series preview: Texas at TCU
Posted by Matt Cotcher , in Texas Baseball 24 April 2015 · 617 views
Texas (22-19, 8-7 Big 12) at No. 5 TCU (31-8, 7-5 Big 12)
- Fort Worth, Texas
- Lupton Stadium
Texas – Senior, RHP, Parker French (2-2, 2.09)
TCU – Sophomore, LHP, Tyler Alexander (3-2, 2.92)
Saturday, April 25 at 4:00PM on Fox Sports Southwest
Texas – Junior, LHP, Ty Culbreth (3-2, 2.60)
TCU – Senior, RHP, Preston Morrison (8-1, 1.81)
Sunday, April 26 at 1:00PM on Fox Sports Southwest Plus
Texas – TBA
TCU – Junior, LHP, Alex Young (7-2, 1.67)
All-time series notes:
- Historically, TCU is Texas' third most common opponent.
- The Longhorns lead the series 220-63-2.
- In games played in Fort Worth, Texas is 82-31-2.
- Last season, the Horned Frogs swept the series in Austin. All three games were very close, with only seven total runs separating the teams over the entire weekend.
- TCU won both series since joining the Big 12.
- Over the last four games Texas is averaging 7.5 runs/game, and is hitting .318. The team has totaled 10 doubles, 3 triples, and 7 home runs.
- Ben Johnson leads the Big 12 in triples (7), and total bases (98). Collin Shaw leads the conference in doubles (16).
- Against KU on Sunday, C.J Hinojosa became the first Longhorn to hit for the cycle since Kyle Russell on 4/24/07.
- Michael Cantu’s line in the KU series was: .500/.714/.563. For his effort, he was named Co-Big 12 Newcomer of the Week.
- Since losing their series at Kansas State, the Horned Frogs have won five straight games.
- The Horned Frogs lead the Big 12 in hitting (.290), fielding (.982), and pitching (2.15 ERA).
- True freshman Connor Wanhanen owns the Big 12’s best batting average (.397).
- As a team, TCU has made only 27 errors (3rd in NCAA). TCU’s fielding percentage of .982 rank 2nd nationally.