[caption id="attachment_447" align="alignleft" width="932"] Darrell K. Royal - Texas Memorial Stadium[/caption] Darrell K.- Texas Memorial Stadium 2100 San Jacinto Blvd. Austin, TX 78712 Darrell K. Royal - Texas Memorial Stadium originally opened in 1924 and saw the Longhorns play their first game on November 27th, losing to the Baylor Bears. The stadium has seen many changes over the years, including name changes, a number of renovations, expansions, additions and changes to the field surfacing. Today the stadium holds its name in honor of legendary University of Texas football coach Darrell Royal who guided the Longhorns to 3 National Championships and 11 conference titles (when Texas played in the Southwest Conference). The stadium has a capacity of 100,119 and the stadium's attendance record of 101,437 was set during the 2010 season on September 25 when the Longhorns played the UCLA Bruins. In 1997 the football field was renamed "Joe Jamail Field," after prominent Houston lawyer Joe Jamail, who has made countless and substantial donations to the University's academic and athletic programs and initiatives.
View Larger Map